Netflix - High pay, but not worth it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

"High pay, but not worth it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time

Pros

Used to be top of market pay. No longer is, but still higher than average.

Free Netflix account.

Cons

The Hillsboro call center is shrinking dramatically. Management puts as much spin on this as possible but the reality is, opportunities to advance do not exist.

The "Netflix culture" is hyped constantly but is not actually practiced. You will survive if you can speak the buzz words fluently while shamelessly self-promoting yourself at all times and never questioning management.

Everyone is under tremendous stress to protect their position for as long as possible. Success in Hillsboro depends not on the quality of your work but upon your ability to spin the truth and play politics.

Advice to Management

Management is not looking for advice.

Other Employee Reviews for Netflix

"Love my job"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Constant Learning
    - Keeps me on my toes
    - not a process oriented company. Keeps things simple.

Cons

- moving too fast. Chasing a moving target.

"Fast paced environment that was a great experience."

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you do your homework ahead of time you will know that it is not likely that you will retire from Netflix. If you didn't do it before hand and decided to work for Netflix and were shocked at its fast pace and rapid change then shame on you. The company is exactly what it advertises itself to be.

I completely enjoyed the team I worked with and all of the challenges we faced. It has almost been a year and I can honestly say it was a great experience and I miss the folks I got to work with. Netflix has chosen a unique path in regards to customer service and is willing to take new and or different approaches. It is a rewarding experience to generate an idea and have that idea implemented within the same day. Not everything we tried worked but many of things we utilized did work and were very rewarding in there success. If customer service is your chosen profession you can learn a lot from working with this company and gain insight into what would improve an industry that has chosen a path of mediocrity and failure.

Cons

Qwikster...that pretty much says it all.

Advice to Management

I genuinely enjoyed the direct and honest conversations I had with peers, HR, and my boss. This is something unique in my experience and I would hate to see that change. Keep the cereal, fruit, ppt decks, video games, ping pong, and coffee going the reps love that.