- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
I've Found a HomeOct 2, 2022 - Regional Sales ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Warm and welcoming teams and leadership - Always willing to add value/help/remove obstacles where ever they can - Strong technology with a strong business plan - Great relationships with the Channel - Fantastic pay, benefits (including wellness days), support system - Lots of education and all the tools that you need to do your job - Strong Customer/employee first mentality
- If you can say education is a con, that might be the only one that I can think of. Holy smokes the onboarding program is intensive with so much material to cover. Honestly, I wouldn't change it though. - Could use an improvement in our marketing strategy.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 9, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Saint Louis, MORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Netskope has a supportive management, friendly staff and coworkers, healthy organizational culture, good hybrid work schedule, and free lunch every office day!
No 401k match in benefits
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 6, 2022 - Senior Solutions EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Working at Netskope is great. The product is competitive and quickly evolving. The leadership cares about the people. We have an outstanding team who is willing to jump in and help when needed for both customer success and new business acquisition. I'm regularly inspired by the quality of the people around me. Vacation policy is liberal and we have quarterly days off as a company for wellness. The culture is very inclusive here at Netskope.
Being part of the team is tough when we are so distributed but management tries to address that. Because we have so many parts in motion change is a constant, which can be a bit frustrating at times. Documentation is sometimes difficult to find in the mass of docs that are out of date since we are innovating so quickly. I can see some of the politics that emerge when companies grow coming online but to date it has been a non-issue.Continue reading