Network Computing Architects - Good company to work for - but come prepared. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Network Computing Architects

"Good company to work for - but come prepared."

Former Employee - Security Practice Manager in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Security Practice Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Network Computing Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As the security practice leader for close to two years, and having insights into activities at the executive levels of the company, I have a unique perspective to share regarding NCA. My goal here is to give an honest review based on my own personal experiences within this company - nothing more, nothing less.

First of all, I believe that the leadership team has nothing but the best of intentions for the company and its employees. The folks in charge really do care - and everyone is treated as part of a family.

The work itself can be both challenging and exciting - engaging with customers on a regular basis and being closely tied into the security industry has significant benefits and rewards.

A lot of emphasis is placed on recognizing individual and collective contributions. As a small company, everyone knows everyone - and saying 'thank you' is an important part of the culture.

Finally - the technology engineering services offered by the company are top notch. NCA hires very high caliber, deeply committed technical resources who truly thrive on new challenges.

Cons

Being completely honest, the company does have some issues (though many of these appear to have been addressed over the past few months). For instance:

The company has changed it's strategic direction several times over the past few years, and at times there's been some confusion about what the company is all about and what it does.

The sales team can be difficult to partner with in some areas. There are communications breakdowns that occur from time to time, contributing to increased service delivery errors.

There is a tendency (across the company) to overcommit to things. A lot of juggling (and extended hours) can occur as a result.

However, I would bestow far more positive attributes than negative ones on the company overall. NCA *is* a good place to work if you can handle the demands of the job and work together as part of a team. I look back on my time with NCA quite fondly... And wish them all the best.

Advice to Management

No company is perfect - but NCA makes every effort to treat its employees right, while doing the best it can to generate customer opportunities and engage in the sound delivery of equipment and services.

My advice to the management team is to continue moving forward with equipment sales, professional technology services, and managed service offerings. Know your goals and your limits, lean on your partners to fill in any gaps, and keep the sales force on track with clear guidance and support.

But (from what I've been told lately), this is exactly what the company is doing now. That's good to hear and makes me glad for everyone who's still there.

Other Employee Reviews for Network Computing Architects

1. "NCA is a great company to build or continue a career with!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Network Computing Architects full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NCA fosters a very entrepreneurial work environment that allows it employees to grow and creatively work with their customers and co-workers. The ability to leverage premier vendor and supplier relationships to deliver relevant solutions to our clients sets us apart from the competition.

Cons

Being that it is a small company it's difficult to recognize and promote every individual consistently and endlessly.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on relevant technology trends and continue to hire reputable sales and engineering individuals.

2. "Since I have been here I have been given a great opportunity to learn and grow."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Network Computing Architects full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my previous jobs I had some primary responsibility, but not a lot of variety. At NCA I have an opportunity to work on many different and interesting projects. The team I work with is great and customer satisfaction is a primary objective. I get a lot of freedom and responsibility.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard representing multiple solutions through multiple vendors as they all compete for the same customer. There has been considerable effort to reduce the products sets which will make my job easier this year.

Advice to Management

Stay with the plan to sell more solutions through fewer vendors and keep working on developing NCA braded solutions. Easier to support.