Network Computing Architects - NCA is a caring company that takes its employees, customers and partners seriously. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Network Computing Architects

"NCA is a caring company that takes its employees, customers and partners seriously."

I have been working at Network Computing Architects full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NCA is a small enough company that can make necessary changes easily but large enough to have the respect of its competitors and partners. Working at NCA is enjoyable because it has a great market reputation, management demands a balanced lifestyle and there is no undue pressure to work "extra" just to work. But, they do require you to do your job and do it well. Benefits are good and salaries are competitive, if not above market for some positions.

Cons

Being a small company, there is not always a position to move up to but when there is, NCA trys to promote from within.

Advice to Management

Keep demanding employees strive to be their best.

Other Employee Reviews for Network Computing Architects

"Good company to work for - but come prepared."

Former Employee - Security Practice Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Security Practice Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Network Computing Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As the security practice leader for close to two years, and having insights into activities at the executive levels of the company, I have a unique perspective to share regarding NCA. My goal here is to give an honest review based on my own personal experiences within this company - nothing more, nothing less.

First of all, I believe that the leadership team has nothing but the best of intentions for the company and its employees. The folks in charge really do care - and everyone is treated as part of a family.

The work itself can be both challenging and exciting - engaging with customers on a regular basis and being closely tied into the security industry has significant benefits and rewards.

A lot of emphasis is placed on recognizing individual and collective contributions. As a small company, everyone knows everyone - and saying 'thank you' is an important part of the culture.

Finally - the technology engineering services offered by the company are top notch. NCA hires very high caliber, deeply committed technical resources who truly thrive on new challenges.

Cons

Being completely honest, the company does have some issues (though many of these appear to have been addressed over the past few months). For instance:

The company has changed it's strategic direction several times over the past few years, and at times there's been some confusion about what the company is all about and what it does.

The sales team can be difficult to partner with in some areas. There are communications breakdowns that occur from time to time, contributing to increased service delivery errors.

There is a tendency (across the company) to overcommit to things. A lot of juggling (and extended hours) can occur as a result.

However, I would bestow far more positive attributes than negative ones on the company overall. NCA *is* a good place to work if you can handle the demands of the job and work together as part of a team. I look back on my time with NCA quite fondly... And wish them all the best.

Advice to Management

No company is perfect - but NCA makes every effort to treat its employees right, while doing the best it can to generate customer opportunities and engage in the sound delivery of equipment and services.

My advice to the management team is to continue moving forward with equipment sales, professional technology services, and managed service offerings. Know your goals and your limits, lean on your partners to fill in any gaps, and keep the sales force on track with clear guidance and support.

But (from what I've been told lately), this is exactly what the company is doing now. That's good to hear and makes me glad for everyone who's still there.

2. "NCA is a great company to build or continue a career with!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

NCA fosters a very entrepreneurial work environment that allows it employees to grow and creatively work with their customers and co-workers. The ability to leverage premier vendor and supplier relationships to deliver relevant solutions to our clients sets us apart from the competition.

Cons

Being that it is a small company it's difficult to recognize and promote every individual consistently and endlessly.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on relevant technology trends and continue to hire reputable sales and engineering individuals.