Network Health - Bad Management | Glassdoor

"Bad Management"

I worked at Network Health full-time

Pros

The benefits are nice and the majority of the people are friendly.

Cons

There is a distrust of HR which really affects everything. If you have a problem with a manager, there is NO ONE to go to. My boss was the golden boy because he did all the crap work nobody else wanted to so he could do no wrong. He had awful people skills - he was awkward and didn't understand basic empoyee/manager relationships.

Advice to Management

Clean out HR - provide a way for employees to provide feedback about managers and supervisors. Those people work in a vacuum and they know it.

Other Employee Reviews for Network Health

1. "Unprofessional work environment"

Former Employee - Clinician in Medford, MA
    Former Employee - Clinician in Medford, MA

I worked at Network Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free coffee, good location, benevolent mission

Cons

Loud, people talk all day long, sloppy dress, management absent, unstable atmoshere (management seems to change daily, etc)

2. "Lots of growth and opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture and people are great. There is a cooperative spirit that I have rarely seen at other organizations. The benefits are at least good, though at time of writing the salaries seem to lack by comparison to for-profit organizations.
    There is considerable effort given to shuffle people around internally to take advantage of new opportunities for internal promotion or growth rather than lose experienced individuals.

Cons

It is often hard to figure out what the number 1 priority is -- company growth vs company stability vs auditing or compliance requirements.
    Top-down communications between sr leadership to those below director seems to be sparse.
    Project portfolio every year is huge. It's often hard to complete 100% of a project since we quickly start new ones or they drag on for longer than anticipated.

Advice to Management

It's easy to believe that because you are very familiar with the strategy, direction or any change that is coming that people further down the reporting chain are as well, but this is not the case. I'd rather see more communication down than less and this we could all use a little more.