Network Solutions - Horrible place to work | Glassdoor

"Horrible place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Network Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Salary was not bad. That's all.

Cons

- My manager was a former engineer and became a manager just to be able to advance in his career. He had no people management skills, arrogant and rude. He asked me to do stuff that normally a manager would not ask a senior engineer to do (taking screenshots, documentation, all kind of stupid things). Sometimes, he was acting like I was not even there when I was trying to have a conversation. Basically, he was trying to make me quit so that his manager looks bad because originally his manager hired me.

Advice to Management

Get rid of managers that DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MANAGE people.

Other Employee Reviews for Network Solutions

1. "Stifling..."

Pros

Relaxed dress code. Free Friday breakfasts. Good benefits. Even if there is a lot of work to be done, its not that challenging.

Cons

It's not that challenging, and there is absolutely no room for movement in this organization. They are completely focused on metric-based management, which is fine. But, people manipulate their numbers and it turns into a who can rig the system better contest. A good manager should be able to know who is getting work done, and who is not. It's practically to the point that we need to be logging the minutes we spend logging minutes.

Advice to Management

If people need to be trimmed from this organization, it needs to happen among the Supervisors. I have no idea how some of these people got promoted, and all they do is go to meetings to hand metrics number up to the next in the chain of command and read blogs on their computers all day. Design a workflow system that stores data in a way that Roy himself could check in and see what's going on without getting a headache and without needing 15 people to compile reports along the way. There is no room for ideas in this organization either. Network Solutions has potential, but sheds talent quickly and does not value creativity. If sales being down means people need to be let go, throw them in the sales queue and let them save their own jobs.

2. "Difficult to move up."

Former Employee - Account Coordinator
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator

Pros

Great company morale and events for employees. The benefits are great and the overall attitude is upbeat. It's a marketing firm with many different aspects.

Cons

Despite what the Human Resources department tells you, moving up in the company may take some time. Being an account coordinator had different hours (due to east/west-coast time zones) and required long hours for the uncompensating pay. I found the job to be very mundane and didn't feel as if a college degree was needed. The position within the company made me dislike the advertising world which led me to explore other options outside of business.

Advice to Management

Communication was lax.