Network South - Take your own advice and "tighten up" | Glassdoor

"Take your own advice and "tighten up""

I worked at Network South full-time

Pros

Quitting was the best thing I could've done at this job

Cons

The owner disrespects just about everyone he employs -- even his “inner circle”. Employees are presented with impossible tasks, and demeaned when they fail. The owners are in denial about the company’s problems, and can only place the blame on others. If their clients knew how the employees were treated, I think they might take their telecom needs elsewhere. On top of being treated poorly, the workload is... unmanageable due to high turnover/high volume of work. Jobs might be advertised as 8-5, but employees are often bullied into working overtime. The owners think employees should thank them for this, but they don't even offer it – they expect it, often threatening to fire you if you can't commit to working overtime. A good work/life balance is impossible while employed by Network South; the employees realize this and leave. They literally cannot pay anyone to stay. The owner might seem nice at times, but he is unstable and impossible to work with. Even his wife/co-owner, gets belittled right in front of employees and all of the cameras they have throughout the building. This is such a horrible and unhealthy place to work – toxic seems to be a very fitting/common way to describe it. I hope the owners learn, although that seems nearly impossible for them. I wish I could give less than 1 star...I can't stress how awful of a place this is.

Advice to Management

Sell your company or become better people.

Network South2017-08-25

Other Employee Reviews

"Love my job"

I have been working at Network South full-time for more than a year

Pros

Earned an opportunity with this company through a list of highly qualified applicants. Found myself in a highly professional, highly efficient working environment that does not suffer fools. Quickly, discovered a plethora of opportunity made available by competitive spirit and out of the box thinking. This company has embraced my own creative solutions to job site issues and complications and has brought me into the... fold of this family oriented collective of professionals. Plenty of work. Never less than a 4o hour work week. Company vehicle, company cell phone, benefits, 401K and laptop. Great working environment. Family run and oriented business. Owner's are very appreciative, understanding and supportive.

Cons

In need of MORE hard working employees that are willing to commit and take on responsibilities to further this company.

Advice to Management

Keep running the successful company as well as you do!!!

Network South2017-03-22
  2. "Most Customer Centric Company I've Worked For"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Youngsville, NC

I have been working at Network South full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You can be proud working at Network South that you are at an organization that is all about serving and advocating for clients in the complex and evolving telecommunications industry.

Cons

There is an expectation to serve the customer regardless of profit or loss which from time to time can cost an account manager or sales rep a few bucks.

Advice to Management

Keep serving customers so employees continue to know that what you sell will be serviced appropriately.

Network South2019-06-30

Discover more reviews about Network South.