Network Technologies Inc - Good pay, okay benefits, horrible work environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Network Technologies Inc

"Good pay, okay benefits, horrible work environment."

Pros

From my experience, and the info I've gathered from other employees, it seems that NTI pays more than most other places for most of the positions within the company. The company has been steadily growing and expanding over the last 20 years with most of the growth taking place over the last 3-5 years. Many of the people tend to work in isolation so that could be a positive or a negative depending on your level of social abilities and desires. In being a small company, most employees wear multiple hats so there is always new things to learn and understand.

Cons

The company is run by the original owner and he creates a very harsh and abrasive work environment. He frequently screams at people with profanity and makes sexual-oriented remarks toward many women. Most of the processes and procedures in place were adequate for a 10 person company but don't scale to the 100+ that the company now has. Most rules are archaic and subject to verbal amendment at any time. Time off is minimal and often requires doctor's notes. Cell phones can't be brought into the building. The owner micro-manages all aspects of the company and many people report directly to him. The lack of hierarchical structure shows in the ad-hoc day to day operaitons.

Advice to Management

Step back from micro managing, respect employees, trust employees, hire true managers, delegate duties sensibly, update internal processes away from writing everything on paper (this is 2009!!).

Other Employee Reviews for Network Technologies Inc

"My experience was very good."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

I worked at Network Technologies Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was a great atmosphere with this company, everyone was always friendly with me and people seemed to enjoy their job. The atmosphere was laid back and I enjoyed being able to wear casual clothing. There is a good balance between family and work with the employees and management. If I ever needed a day off I was never questioned why and was given the day off. The location of the company was good.

Cons

The lunch time is unpaid but overall I didn't have any concerns with the company.

Advice to Management

The management is very friendly, supportive and helpful.

"Positive Reviews Are Plants - Do Not Believe"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

I worked at Network Technologies Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NTI pays well. In fact, they pay above industry standard. With the way the place is managed, they have to.

Cons

If you look up a definition of "micro management" you'll find NTI. Management is terrible and have been known to create fake reviews across multiple platforms. Don't believe the positives you read here... they are most likely planted by NTI.

The day I started I had multiple people tell me that I'd be looking for a job in six months... they were right.

Advice to Management

Move on. You have built a decent business in spite of yourself.