Neumont University - Tutoring, its a hard job, but somebody has to do it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Neumont University

"Tutoring, its a hard job, but somebody has to do it."

Former Employee - Student Tutor in West Jordan, UT
Former Employee - Student Tutor in West Jordan, UT

Pros

The location as a student of Neumont was great as a student.
The hours were also great as a student.
The compensation plan was very fair and would have been almost worth my time at the higher level classes.

Cons

Hardly anyone came in for tutoring.
Grading sucks unless you like to do it.
I could find a better paying job in the field that was just as flexible with the time and the location.
The hours became harder to come by in the end due to money restrictions.
It was only a part time job so there were no benefits to speak of.
I also did not like the time tracker, as it was ineffective in reporting my hours.

Advice to Management

nothing really to say here.

Other Employee Reviews for Neumont University

1. "Great Company, Great School!"

Current Employee - Finance in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Finance in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Neumont University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Neumont is like a family, if you do your best and are up front with management, they will bend over backwards to be understanding of any situation that arises. They truly care about the students who attend the school and their well being. I hear nothing but positive comments from the current students regarding their experiences at Neumont. Neumont provides both staff and students with a TRAX pass, which helps immensely with the commute to downtown SLC.

Cons

The high tuition costs drive away many students, which is too bad.

2. "Neumont Instructor"

Former Employee - Instructor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Instructor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Neumont University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoy teaching and helping students learn. The school location is convenient/close to trax station. Administrative staff is extremely supportive. I am passionate about computer science, so while I was there, I really loved the teaching part of my job.

Cons

The chief academic officer of the school is the reason I stopped teaching at Neumont. He is a former programmer that got a masters and doctorate through online degree mills. He makes promises that he has no intention of keeping, does not support his faculty, and takes credit for the accomplishment of others. Hands down, he was the worst boss I've ever worked with. Complete disaster of a manager.

Advice to Management

Make a change in the chief academic officer position. Fill it with someone that understands education, has experience, and legitimate degrees. Don't allow your middle managers to make promises to instructors that are unrealistic, and if they do lie to their subordinates about benefits, they should have consequences.