Neustar - hopeful, but... | Glassdoor

"hopeful, but..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Neustar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

lot of strong leaders who work hard for their teams and the company. data analystics is definitely the way to go and it's very exciting! competitive salaries and employs smart people! the company is definitely evolving in the right direction.

Cons

they say they want to change the culture, but still in many depts, managers and leaders can not make decisions. "over-managed".

Advice to Management

besides a few, the senior leadership team still has too many egos or just phones it in. desparately need to replace a few SVPs immediately! hire leaders who actually work and produce something. asking for "tps" reports and having your team do all the work is not leading! remember, attitude is a reflection of leadership. take a good look in the mirror!

Other Employee Reviews for Neustar

1. "Pretty Good mid-size company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

I worked at Neustar full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good enterprenuer culture and financially stable company

Cons

Now, it becomes AOL 2.0 company

Advice to Management

Internal movement rather inorganic growth (buying other companies). HR Leaderships (in 2010) was not a forward thinking team. Hopefully the new management is a better team.

"A great internship"

Current Intern - Intern in Sterling, VA
    Current Intern - Intern in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Neustar as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice hourly wage ($16.00/hr.), nice work environment, generally freindly coworkers, real-world experience

Cons

I have nothing to complain about. I'm just happy to be in a paid internship.

Advice to Management

I've been interning with NeuStar for a while, and I actually really like the direction of the company. The Big-Data stuff that Data Warehousing is doing has a lot of great possibilities, especially if you combine the Targus data with stuff from Quova. This would eliminate the main problem with advertising: Online adds ahve been consistently dorpping in value. By using the Quova data, you can sell it to more traditional advertisers.