Neustar - Place you | Glassdoor

"Place you"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Brisbane, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Brisbane, CA

Pros

-Supportive environment from peers
-Structured (for those who like structure)
-Improved training modules
-A great place to learn sales techniques and team atmosphere

Cons

-Big disconnect from Management and Employees
-Limited professional and career advancement
-Relatively "unsecure"
-Products need to improve
-Promotions and raises are also quite infrequent.

Advice to Management

- lead by example and stop hiding behind the "good ole boy" network
- clearly communicate vision and strategy to employees
- be fair, promote good people, instead of hiring cronies
- stop using PIP's as a motivation tool
- switch corporate culture to cultivation and collaboration to improve productivity, pride, and self-motivation

Other Employee Reviews for Neustar

1. "Wolf In Sheep's Clothing"

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Sterling, VA

Pros

Excellent benefits. 401K terrific. Low co-pays and none if you choose the HMO (which, good grief, who wants an HMO? But at least they offer it as a viable choice).

Cons

-Terrible parking conditions. No parking garage so our cars are left to the devices of mother nature. I had to grab a taxi once last year because I couldn't get my car scraped off and dug out after one of our large snows. I'm tired of walking out in the rain, the snow, the wind, the cold. We are spread across 4 sub-par buildings in an industrial park which is underwhelming.

-Horrible work conditions and expectations. 70+ hours are the norm in my group and there is no comp time. I'm seeking employment elsewhere after only a few years because I'm absolutely exhausted all the time and my spouse is fed up with the lack of understanding from management.

-Neustar has some exciting products/prospects but the lofty financial goals come at an exceedingly high price.

-Little respect towards non-management employees.

-Hiring? Ridiculous. First, we are basically an Aol. auxillary campus! It's really not even funny at this point. And, when jobs are posted, if there is a referral candidate, HR still strings countless potential candidates along even though these unwitting souls have no hope of being hiring. It's senseless and a complete waste of everyone's time. I've seen this happen time & time & time again over the last few years and I'm always left shaking my head. "Why bother bringing in all these candidates when you have no intention of considering them?" It's not fair and it quite ruthless actually. These candidates come in with the best of intentions but they are being played. i saw this happen again just this month. In this case I was an acquaintance with one of the potential candidates and he was winded after the demoralizing experience. WAKE UP HR! Professionalism is a two-way street.

-Too much game playing and back stabbing. Not enough information sharing.

Advice to Management

Respect your teams. Comp time is crucial to maintain your talent. You are kidding yourselves if you think you can continue this pace with your present level of staff. I'm bailing and I know 3 others who are actively seeking employment elsewhere. If you aren't careful, you are going to be just a mirror of the Aol. experience/fiasco. This is fair warning.

2. "Great Company for Innovators"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Pros

Tons of opportunity for those not afraid to ask. Innovation and creativity are welcome and encouraged. Vacation package is excellent. Flexibility can be great dependent upon group. A great company for those who see opportunity for leadership in their roles (no matter the role).

Cons

Promotions are hard to come by and raises are harder - not impossible but difficult. Company is shifting towards being proactive and strategic thinking, and sometimes that creates a difficult working environment.

Advice to Management

Stay the course on innovation, continue to work on transparency. Embed openness as a way of life. Increase autonomy. Hire the best, and trust your employees. Really dig in and get behind new programs - write articles, do talks, show examples.