New Corp - Good Company | Glassdoor

"Good Company"

I have been working at New Corp full-time

Pros

Good work environment, upward mobility, and fair practices.

Cons

Communications at times are a bit slow and/or confusing, but this is a minor complaint.

Other Employee Reviews for New Corp

1. "Working as call center at First Service company from march 2012 until now"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Cairo (Egypt)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Cairo (Egypt)

I have been working at New Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pleasing personality.
    Ability to work in teams.
    Good team member.
    Ability to handle stress and stressful situations.

Cons

more stress and stressful situations

Advice to Management

Ability to handle stress situations

2. "Low Pay - High Stress"

Current Employee - CCR
    Current Employee - CCR

I have been working at New Corp part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedules, Full-time or Part-time, Pay on-time with direct deposit, Work From Home, Lots of Overtime

Cons

Their system of management is right out of the 1990's. This company actually has a virtual time clock for you to punch in and out when coming to work, leaving for lunch and leaving for work. I haven't seen a time clock in over ten years and there are better ways to assess an employees punctuality. The avaya system itself usually works great for that.

The training that is received is only adequate enough to get you on the phones. Once you take a few calls is when you really need a training class. The calls are usually back-to-back ( I am taking calls for one of the dish satellite companies). It is hard to even take a 30-second breather between one bad call after another, because they are constantly hounding you per chat to get back on the phone. Every single second you are at work is measured, timed, evaluated. The pressure to keep all your metrics balanced as well as hitting all of the points on your script, offering upsells, trying to take your breaks and lunches on time (which is hard considering you have back-to-back calls and some calls my last 30 minutes to an hour) and keep a smile in your voice when talking to people who are cursing you up one end and down the other is a lot to ask for less than $10. an hour.

Some people may say, "Hey, what are you complaining about?" "This is normal stuff in a call center." Well, more than 1/2 the class quit during training. And then another 1/2 of the rest of the class quit after we were on the phones. I hear this is normal. If they hire a class of 30 people - maybe 15 will finish the 6 week training class. And Maybe 5-6 people will actually end up working more than 90 days. Why? They are very strict. For the entire 6 week period - NO MATTER THE REASON - if you miss more than 2 hours, you are terminated. Now your 2 hours could accumulate in increments - 5 minutes late coming in, 5 minutes late from lunch, etc. Or, you could have internet, computer, electricity problems, illness, etc. and you are gone!

Admittedly, I have only been with the company for 4 months. Most people who have been with the company for a long time say they love it and would never go anywhere else. But, these are not the people taking the phone calls everyday.

I am already looking for a different company with a decent wage, benefits and does not watch their employees like they are 2-yr-olds.

Advice to Management

Come into the 21st century with pay, attitude toward employees and training