New Jersey Community Development - Provide opportunity for young adults. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for New Jersey Community Development

"Provide opportunity for young adults."

Current Employee - Assist Construction Coordinator in Paterson, NJ
Current Employee - Assist Construction Coordinator in Paterson, NJ

I have been working at New Jersey Community Development full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like helping young people njcdc is a great source to do it. They give back to the community generously. They provide living quarters for many of the Cities homeless and disabled. Good staff of workers. Really work hard.

Cons

Need to improve salaries. Monies need to be put back into some of it's programs. Company needs to review some of it's policies.

Advice to Management

Some of us have to supplement our salaries by working a second job. This is counter-productive. Some departments need an assistant. The company appear to be dragging their feet on that issue

Other Employee Reviews for New Jersey Community Development

1. "Student Assistant"

I worked at New Jersey Community Development part-time

Pros

Small environment, perfect for getting to know everyone around you.

Cons

There are no cons to working with NJCDC

2. "Cares more about image than staff"

Current Employee - AmeriCorps Member
    Current Employee - AmeriCorps Member

I have been working at New Jersey Community Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The students we work with are so much fun to work with. Helping them is very rewarding and a great learning experience.

Cons

They love publicity and will make employees work harder and do unnecessary work just for a good picture. The community service is also very deceiving. They invited the media to document a "community cleanup" but the only cleanup we did was around their own property. Also refuses to give us basic supply money but will give us money for an event (probably for photo op). Also uses americorps members for free labor and does not treat them with any respect.

Advice to Management

Focus less on how we appear and focus more on what we do. Also treat Americorps members with more respect. When we feel unwanted, it's difficult for us to work the best we can.