New Media Strategies - Outstanding place to learn, grow and work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for New Media Strategies

"Outstanding place to learn, grow and work."

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Washington, DC

Pros

Cool projects and clients. The people that work there are amazing and talented so you are surrounded by successful minds. Fun culture and outstanding benefits. Truly a unique and upbeat place to work.

Cons

Not a lot of upward mobility opportunities unless someone leaves.

Advice to Management

Keep your ear to the floor and listen to the lower ranks. The heartbeat of the company lies within the talent. Keep maintaining your awesome culture, it is what sets you apart and makes you GREAT!

Other Employee Reviews for New Media Strategies

"Change Happens Here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

New Media Strategies has earned clients you won’t find anywhere else. Compared to other firms, the amount of exposure and opportunities you can receive within a short time can be incredible – you are free to make your mark.

NMS is a place to learn quickly from some of the smartest people with whom you’ll ever work and grow a fantastic portfolio. The culture has stayed true to its work hard, play hard roots while evolving into a full service idea shop. It has a fantastic reputation within Washington, DC and is quickly growing in Detroit, LA and NY with a very promising future ahead.

Recent changes in leadership and responses to staff feedback have strongly benefited NMS’ growth and ability to compete. Employee concerns are respected and internalized. Pete Snyder is a CEO who has shown grace under fire and instilled confidence in his team. NMS management crowdsources ideas to improve the agency and help build career opportunities. Executives have an open door policy and are respectful of staff’s opinions and projects they wish to pursue. Employees are now positioned to receive more opportunities to lead client engagements and grow with their craft.

Cons

Smart people do well here, but you also have to be motivated to produce measurable results. NMS is populated by driven, go-getters. Don't be fooled by the fact that we work in social media. NMS is not a place to play on the internet all day long.

Advice to Management

Stakeholder meetings and all staff summits are important and we love being heard. Don't let the gossip mill run rampant. As we continue to grow, please remember to tap the knowledge of staff at all levels and invest in preserving our culture across many offices.

"Best people I've ever worked with."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington, VA

Pros

NMS of 2011 isn't the same NMS of years past. They have managed to maintain the parts of NMS that everyone loves (the culture, the people, the work hard/play hard mentality) and have substantially increased new business offerings and the level of strategic insight that goes into client accounts. 2 years at NMS = about 5 years at any of the bigger PR agencies in terms of what you're exposed to and the opportunities you are given. Plus you're focused in social and mobile. No hotter industry to be in right now.

Cons

It's not perfect - its a growing social media agency which means sometimes there are long hours, demanding clients and tight deadlines. In my opinion, it's still a net reward to work with the types of clients NMS works with in the industry we are in.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow the team to innovate - we've done a good job breaking down some of the traditional barriers over the last year but we have to continually evaluate and make sure we're at the top of our game.