New Relic - Depends on the Department whether it's a good place to be | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for New Relic

"Depends on the Department whether it's a good place to be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Very friendly coworkers across the board
Competitive salaries for a start up
Company product is well regarded in their field

Cons

Benefits (health) lacked - no FSA,, only two choices for plans
Useless HR when any issue arose
Hostile environment depending on the department

Other Employee Reviews for New Relic

"Great Company Experiencing Growth And Opportunity"

I have been working at New Relic full-time

Pros

I work on the PeopleOps team here at New Relic and wanted to share my experience. The people in my organization are a pleasure to work with, collaborative, friendly, and everyone's intentions are pure. We have grown tremendously in parallel to the business in a short amount of time, which of course has come with some challenges. I believe in our leaders to face those challenges head-on and continue to find ways to partner with the business in a scalable manner. Employees on our team have been given opportunities for career development that hopefully will help us achieve our personal professional goals, and enhance the talent on our team overall.

Cons

Our group has come a long way. We realize what once worked with a smaller team in start-up mode, is not the long term solution to grow alongside our business. We have experienced challenges and growth pains, and the leaders in our org have a tough responsibility. There are so many talented and gifted people in our department that are exceptional at what they do. To be tasked with figuring out how to make everyone's career ambitions come to light is challenging, but I'm confident we're on the right track so everyone in the organization has a path to succeed in their own career and on this team.

Advice to Management

You have outstanding employees in your organization. Continue finding ways to motivate us and develop our skills so we can achieve our career goals here at New Relic. Continue to find ways to scale our organization to match business goals. We have a wonderful opportunity in front of us to position our group in a positive light tied to the success of the business. Bringing in quality talent, and fostering an environment where that talent can succeed at New Relic is a big part of the company's overall success and growth, continue to tell and live that story.

"Depends on the role"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at New Relic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent product that demo's well. Excellent benefits and caring culture. SMB teams moving product code. Fantastic Customer Support. Product-centric CEO. Can make money with the right accounts.

Cons

Product is a tool in a toolbox; not an enterprise solution. Fierce competition from DynaTrace and AppDynamics. Commoditized market. Poor sales leadership and execution. ROI model is still immature. Too much internal processes - everything takes escalation and justification. Compensation plan does not match go-to-market strategy.

Advice to Management

Change go-to-market strategy to fit segments. Restructure compensation plans to match. Reorganize approach to territories definition.