New Relic - Phenomenal! Best job I've ever had, by far | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for New Relic

"Phenomenal! Best job I've ever had, by far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at New Relic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is chock full of smart, personable, and interesting people who are engaged with their work and the company. People have a life outside of work (the office is empty by 6, unless we're having a karaoke night in our cafe), and the company is really supportive of its employees - making changes to get better based on employee feedback, providing opportunities for us to work on projects we're interested (when possible) and to learn things to expand our skills and interests. Everyone is incredibly friendly and open. It's not uncommon for me to have a hallway conversation with the CEO, or eat lunch with the President, or a delightful conversation with people in the sales, marketing, biz dev orgs at our cafe. I've been blown away by the culture that has continued to flourish even through a big increase in employees this year. I think a lot of it has to do to how humble open management has been about not being perfect, backed by a willingness to experiment with change when things aren't working.

Cons

The pay is decent, but not amazing for San Francisco (no bonus structure, no 401k match), and when I was hired, they weren't willing to get very creative in negotiations for other things (like more PTO, etc) in exchange for a lower salary. I was told the culture makes it well worthwhile and that's largely true, assuming money isn't your top priority in a job.

Advice to Management

Stay nimble, willing to experiment and hold on to the core values that help support such a fantastic culture!

Other Employee Reviews for New Relic

"Unrealistic expectations and POOR executive leadership!"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at New Relic full-time

Pros

New Relic has a great office in an amazing location. A good majority of the frontline folks are very hard working and genuinely want to see you succeed.

Cons

On the surface it appears the executive team genuinely cares about their people but actions prove otherwise. Many times decision are made in favor of the inner circle. Sales policy is completely avoided in favor of people they like. Despite hard work and over achievement you may not get recognized and or compensated, the compensation structure is very subjective and not based on good data.

The equity they distribute is very disappointing so when they discuss going public, its only relevant to the executives, no one else. There is a lot more companies handing out far greater equity with as good if not better upside.

Oh and BTW, they wont reimburse cell phones despite having used mine many times to ensure deal kept moving or closed at night or over the weekend.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Don't be so disconnected from the business. You need more than a good product to be successful in today's market.

"Sets the Standard"

Current Employee - Developer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Developer in Portland, OR

I have been working at New Relic full-time

Pros

Employees are empowered to utilize their full potential. Culture of collaboration and teamwork. Everywhere you turn there are thought leaders, brilliant minds, accomplished technologists, absent of arrogance and entitlement.
    Family friendly work environment.
    The company has grown from a handful of employees to over 300 without the disruption of major engineering re-organization or significant injection of outside managers or celebrity executives.
    The executive leadership is honest and open, and the values place the employees as a top priority.

Cons

No catered lunches.
    Constantly evolving, things move fast, organization is very fluid. You have to adapt.

Advice to Management

Don't forget who got ya' there!