New Relic - Challenging fast paced environment with tremendous growth potential | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for New Relic

"Challenging fast paced environment with tremendous growth potential"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at New Relic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"The world is your oyster" Ultimate product with customers beating down your door

Cons

Delineated internal org structure. This is a work in progress which seems to cause un-easyness with some employees

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for New Relic

"Great on paper......"

Former Employee - Marketing/Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing/Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at New Relic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Engineering staff is very down to earth, friendly and open to new ideas. The Marketing team and CMO is full of energy.

Cons

I was at New Relic for several years, saw them grow from a smaller location on 2nd and Mission to the palatial estates they are in now. This was a great company that expanded way too fast and in the meantime completely lost it's soul. Most of the Sales staff feels on Edge and word from that department is there are many favorites that are promoted through the ranks quicker because they are well liked and play the political game.

This company is like that creepy kid at the lunch table who smiles at you while trying to take your lunch money. At one point from what I heard they re-imbursed sales and marketing folks for their cell phones and then the next it was gone. I had become close friends with the Sales team and was told they also would periodically change language for Sales staff in their compensation plans and say "just sign this - oh it's the same plan you've seen for consecutive quarters!". Meanwhile the entire language would be changed in favor of the company. But they would keep mentioning how great the company is, including the great Nerdvana cafe on the 10th floor. I think most people would prefer better wages than a cafe especially since two Starbucks locations were within a five minute walk.

Another con would be the HR department or what was referred to as "People Ops". I personally referred someone who came for an interview and then after 3 months and several emails, calls and even my internal follow up, never received feedback.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees not the bottom line

"Sales Golden Age Is Gone"

Former Employee - Sales - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at New Relic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great office space
    - Great product
    - Hire very nice sales people

Cons

- The 100% in-bound round robin sales system could not scale from 25 to 75 reps, and the overall morale of the sales team shot down.
    - Very little transparency from sales management & execs down to team
    - Most of the initial blood of the sales team around in 11' & 12' has flown the coop
    - Compensation is not what it seams as only 33% of sales team hit quota in Q4'13
    - Acting like a public company, though still a private company
    - Internal promotions are all friends of the VP of Sales from college days

Advice to Management

- Treat your employees as your greatest asset, rather than commodities.