New York Life - Personally fulfilling, financially lucrative. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for New York Life

"Personally fulfilling, financially lucrative."

Current Employee - Agent in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Agent in Austin, TX

Pros

I am building my own business with complete control of my career while helping people provide financial security for their familes. New York Life has the best products in the industry, has the highest financial ratings, and offers many paths for agents including moving towards advanced financial services or moving into management. Training program is unmatched in this or any other industry. I have had a lot of success, and 3 years into it have never made a cold call.

Cons

You get paid very well, but only for the work you do. As with any business, you must sell yourself and your products to be successful. This can be very challenging for those used to getting a steady paycheck, or for those not willing to get out and interact with people.

Advice to Management

Find agents who are coachable, who have the heart to serve and educate their clients, and who will earn their success not those who feel entitled to it.

Other Employee Reviews for New York Life

"I could not ask for a better job."

Current Employee - Agent in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Agent in Jackson, MS

Pros

The best thing about New York Life, for me, is there has never been a shortage of help. I have been with the company for a year now and still have plenty of help from the management staff any time I need it. 100% commission is also a great feature because I do not see myself as being average so therefore I did not want an average paying salary. If you was someone to hand you leads and referrals you need to go to another company that will pay you a $20,000 base and less commission.

Cons

I think the only down side to this business, not only New York Life, is the rejection from prospects on a daily basis. This job is not for someone who gets their feelings hurt easily and you must be able to take rejection and learn from it.

Advice to Management

Some fees such as $75.00 a month for FTIS help should be charged on a case by case basis. I do not think that I should have to pay the fee if I never call the help desk and ask for help.

"It was a horrible experience."

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

Pros

There are flexible hours and one is able to work from home at times.

Cons

No one respects your time. You are expected to work until 1am and be at work for 9am next day.

Advice to Management

The Managers take credit for your work and do not give opportunities for advancement. They are only looking out for themselves.