New York Life - Built For Times Like These! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for New York Life

"Built For Times Like These!"

Current Employee - Corporate Vice President in New York, NY
Current Employee - Corporate Vice President in New York, NY

Pros

Stability; smart leadership; competitive benefits

Cons

Not a lot of career advancement; lots of politics

Advice to Management

Give recognition where it's due. Too much verticality. Not enough respect for the back room technicians.

Other Employee Reviews for New York Life

"be cautious"

Current Employee - Anent in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anent in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Unlimited Income however you must have capital to run your own business

Cons

Management is always hiring it is a revolving door of employees being promised to make a lot of money.

Advice to Management

Tell people coming in that you should have a good savings account before starting here, commission only can ruin people

"Intern's satisfactory experience thus far."

Current Employee - Intern in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in Melville, NY

Pros

I'm currently an intern for New York Life, my favorite part is how dedicated my managing partner is towards seeing me succeed. As an intern many of my tasks are similar to that of a standard financial services professional, but I don't exactly have to meet the strict monthly demands. The company as of right now appears to be offering me a great opportunity to get my foot into the industry and help me reach my long term goals. The managers are extremely helpful and the people are friendly, and I'm excited towards seeing how I will turn out with all of the current training.

Cons

It seems like a lot of the sales meetings are very repetitive and alot of the seminars give many new employees pie in the sky dreams. From the reviews I've seen on here, it seems that many people do not succeed within the insurance industry and follow other avenues of interest. Personally I'm not a fan of the commission based sales system for getting my weekly paychecks, but I'm really only using the job as a stepping stone towards a greater position. I find that it is pretty hard to establish yourself as a new agent, regardless of the level of training they give to you.

Advice to Management

I haven't worked here long enough to see how the company can be changed. Possibly focusing more on the products that New York Life has to offer can improve the way I sell my services to clients.