New York Life - Great company focused on the commitment to employees and policy holders. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for New York Life

"Great company focused on the commitment to employees and policy holders."

I worked at New York Life full-time

Pros

Great benefits given to employees.

Cons

Growth opportunities are limited based on role.

Other Employee Reviews for New York Life

"Eh.."

Pros

Opportunity to make a lot of money

Cons

charge you for everything and want you to annoy your friends and family. They say its more than insurance but you turn out pushing term to anyone who will listen.

"Disappointing Management"

Former Contractor - Insurance Sales Agent
    Former Contractor - Insurance Sales Agent

I worked at New York Life as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The training I received here made me more aware of the financial products/services and insurance that is available to people. The employees that I worked with were very eager to help me get started and were more encouraging than the managing partners.

Cons

Was highly mislead by the management in my office, and be sure that you really read your contract. I was told that I can have my current job while under my PTAS contract until I "trigger" and become full time with the company. While I understand why they do this, managing partners need to make this explicitly clear to their employees before they work for NYL, as many are lead to believe that they can have another source of income during this period. With that being said, be sure that you have some savings so that you can fully devote your time to making sales, as they are solely commission based. Seemed like the office I worked with was more focused on their reputation rather than "managing" their new hires. Final piece I took from this experience- be sure that you ask A LOT of questions about prospecting and generating leads; unless you have a warm market/ Project 200 and can prospect, you will have a tough time.