New York Life - Intern | Glassdoor

"Intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Clinton, NJ
Former Intern - Intern in Clinton, NJ

I worked at New York Life as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The intern program was a lot of fun! There was a healthy balance between work and fun with tons of opportunities to learn and network.

Cons

There were a lot of consultants at my location that "disappeared" after a month of being there so I didn't get a chance to get to know everyone. Not really a con a guess

Advice to Management

None. I think everything is just great.

Other Employee Reviews for New York Life

"Whole Life, Whole life, Whole life!"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at New York Life full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good thing about New York Life is a Name Value. Everybody will know that you will work for life insurance company.

Cons

You can not sell other products except for New York Life products. Basically, it is virtually impossible to make a living by selling New York Life products only, such as Whole Life. As I have been in this insurance industry for more than 7 years, My conclusion is that you can not survive without selling health insurance or other companies products. Once you start working for New York Life, you will find that you need go to your friends or family to beg them to buy Whole Life which they do not need or make more than 100 cold calls a day.

Advice to Management

Please do not promise unlimited potential income to new agents. You KNOW exactly it does not make a sense. That is why you became a manager rathen than remaing as an agent.

"If you're not afraid of hard work, love people and can follow a proven system, you're going to LOVE this career!"

Current Employee - Agent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at New York Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands down, the BEST training in the financial services sector (in my opinion and that of many others whom I talked to). You're with the leader in the marketplace. There's no one that comes close in so many of the areas we compete it. Love knowing that I have the backing of a Fortune 100 company that has an unbelievable brand reputation. Lots of training bonuses to help you get started.

Cons

You eat what you kill. Meaning you sit on your butt, you're not going to get paid. Simply put, if you're looking for a job that will pay you for showing up, this place is going to destroy you. Another con is that this career can be addicting and may lead to more time away from your family.