KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Extremely Rewarding

May 15, 2022 - Agent in Overland Park, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thorough training- pays for licenses and designations. Management will be there for you to help you succeed. The negative reviews on here come from people who did low activity thus yielding low reward. I notice the only complaints come from people who aren’t ready to work. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are ready to work hard- this career is for you. Passive income earnings, and competitive benefits. 401k match, pension, and great health/dental/vision. The first few years can be tough, but starting any business of your own is tough. This isn’t for the weak-minded, but let me tell you this career has been SO rewarding. Work/life balance is top notch. If you aren’t succeeding, it’s because you either aren’t putting the work in, or aren’t taking time to expand your knowledge and taking advantage of the training at your fingertips.

Cons

The only con is when some new hires come on and bring their negative mindset with them. They don’t last long, but it can be tiring to see people self-sabotage and complain- then blame the company rather than take accountability.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place

Apr 23, 2022 - Customer Service Agent in Saddle Brook, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible time and no commission cap

Cons

Commission Base salary and long classes

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Greatest Opportunity in Corporate America

Oct 9, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Right out of college, I had an opportunity with the New York Life. Being young I felt that I was at a disadvantage but I worked hard, I was relentless, and ambitious. My first full year, I was able to make a six-figure income. It wasn't easy but is medical school easy? Is law school easy? The training and development at New York Life was unmatched. I knew nothing about the Insurance and Financial Services industry until I was given an opportunity at New York Life and the training was exceptional and has led me to the success I have today.

Cons

You have to work hard, be relentless, entrepreneurial, invest a lot of time and effort into the business and above all, expect a higher standard of living and strive towards that goal every single day.

219 people found this review helpful

New York Life Response

Head of Engagement Communications

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback – we appreciate it. As you say, a successful career as an agent requires dedication and commitment. For many, including you, the professional rewards are worth it. But we do understand that starting out in this career is not always easy. That’s why we offer new agents continuous training and support, to give them the advantages they need to succeed.

Discover more reviews about New York Life.

New York Life Photos

+ Add Photo
New York Life photo of: New York Life Building, headquarter offices of New York Life, located at 51 Madison Avenue, Manhattan (Photo attributed to Ameltzer)
New York Life photo of: Disability Pride NYC Parade 2019