KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Greatest Opportunity in Corporate America

Oct 9, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Right out of college, I had an opportunity with the New York Life. Being young I felt that I was at a disadvantage but I worked hard, I was relentless, and ambitious. My first full year, I was able to make a six-figure income. It wasn't easy but is medical school easy? Is law school easy? The training and development at New York Life was unmatched. I knew nothing about the Insurance and Financial Services industry until I was given an opportunity at New York Life and the training was exceptional and has led me to the success I have today.

Cons

You have to work hard, be relentless, entrepreneurial, invest a lot of time and effort into the business and above all, expect a higher standard of living and strive towards that goal every single day.

219 people found this review helpful

New York Life Response

Head of Engagement Communications

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback – we appreciate it. As you say, a successful career as an agent requires dedication and commitment. For many, including you, the professional rewards are worth it. But we do understand that starting out in this career is not always easy. That’s why we offer new agents continuous training and support, to give them the advantages they need to succeed.

1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Solid internship

Aug 16, 2022 - Actuarial Intern in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic culture and people Strong diversity relative to peers Very competitive pay, on top of provided housing High conversion rate to full time

Cons

Company very outdated and behind tech-wise Provided housing is far and in slower area Life insurance can be slow

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Registered Rep

Aug 15, 2022 - Registered Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managing assets for retirement, preretirement , business benefits and estate planning

Cons

Full medical health insurance for the clients for outsourcing benefits

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about New York Life.

New York Life Photos

+ Add Photo
New York Life photo of: New York Life Building, headquarter offices of New York Life, located at 51 Madison Avenue, Manhattan (Photo attributed to Ameltzer)
New York Life photo of: Disability Pride NYC Parade 2019