New York Times - Second time I've worked there-management-heavy in NY, resource poor in satellite offices. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for New York Times

"Second time I've worked there-management-heavy in NY, resource poor in satellite offices."

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at New York Times full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Proud to be associated with such a beautiful product. Enjoyed traveling with the journalists. Not so much middle management who didn't really add that much value

Cons

Too much NY management coming into market all the imd and for the most part not adding value. Marketing teams produced programs that advertisers didn't want-didnt listen to the customer.

Other Employee Reviews for New York Times

"Great location & facilities but very bureaucratic culture"

Former Contractor - Freelance Graphic Web Designer in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Freelance Graphic Web Designer in New York, NY

I worked at New York Times as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Pays well. Great location & facilities.

Cons

Very bureaucratic culture. Very political management.

"A stellar brand that every year erodes its prominence due to mediocre management"

I have been working at New York Times full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Three reasons why the brand still holds its value,: the content, the content, and the content.

Cons

Very poor management. We have the potential to be a leader in the business of journalism but fall behind due to lack of leadership, vision, strategy that works, and the ability to utilize to full advantage, its core resource--its employees. Low morale when you witness how staffers look at the NYT as a stepping stone to bigger and better not the destination it once was. Quality talent leave continuously. Limited opportunities to advance. Little or no genuine interest among managers to know the career aspirations of their staff.

Advice to Management

If you consistently go to the same people for ideas and cultivate the talent of only your chosen few, you will stagnate.