New Yorker Hotel - Not a place to learn or grow | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for New Yorker Hotel

"Not a place to learn or grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

It is a brand new hotel in a great location convenient to all transportation. You apparently don't need any previous hotel experience or professional experience to get a management position there

Cons

Recent senior staff changes means there is now a top to bottom lack of experienced hotel management professionals which makes it impossible to impliment the best business practices of the industry. The hotel is being run by an amateaur management staff. Morale is low, communication is worse, customer review scores are dropping fast.

Advice to Management

Learn best practices, get some hotel professionals, communicate with the teams, learn your markets, learn your competitors, learn your business.

Other Employee Reviews for New Yorker Hotel

1. "Seizing the moment"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at New Yorker Hotel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Creative, spontaneous and always on your feet for someone who is new in the industry - I had a great mentor who let me explore my strengths and weaknesses, a mentor who did not clip my wings but let me take flight. There is great camaraderie, management who is always willing to help and guide, co-workers who encourage and a work environment that is flexible and innovative.

Cons

New Management doesn't want to find the niche for the new evolving market.

Advice to Management

Hire new employees who thinks outside the box, who enjoys the competition and hits the ground running. Listen to your clients and explore your target market and be more open to new ideas and opportunities.

2. "Not bad but HOT"

Current Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY

I have been working at New Yorker Hotel part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay if you have the experience needed.

Cons

Next to zero air during the summer. If you get lobby or HQ post, then you're good. Every other post will have you sweat to death in your full suit, that is required uniform.

Advice to Management

Get Some Air In Those Halls! Someones going to catch a heat stroke during the summer, you just watch.