NewDay USA - Great Company to Work For! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NewDay USA

"Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD
Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Newday gives you the tools to become successful. They pay for your training and offer a great salary. I do not know why anyone would not want this opportunity. This company is growing and is going to be one of the top mortgage companies in the U.S. I would tell anyone looking for a career to work at NEWDAY USA.

Cons

For people who do not work hard this is not for you.

Other Employee Reviews for NewDay USA

"Be flexible & work hard!"

Current Employee - Administrative in Fulton, MD
    Current Employee - Administrative in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some incredible people that work here! I truly think that's the best thing about it. This company hires winners. There are a lot of recent college grads that can come here and make money, but it does take time & a lot of hard work.

Cons

The turnover, but you have to expect that in sales. There are also some tough goals to meet, but expectations are communicated, so either its for you or its not.

Advice to Management

Management training for newly promoted individuals is a MUST.

"There is a very lucrative opportunity at NewDay USA, not everyone will make it; but if you want it, you can take it!"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Columbia, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We can discuss the Pros of NewDay USA that everyone talks about:
           - Paid Training, Leads, and Licensing
           - The Positive Direction NewDay is heading towards in the VA Mortgage Business
           - Providing Excellent Customer Service to Veterans
           - Opporunity to make six figures right out of college
           - Trips to Superbowl, Final Four, Kiawah Island Resort

I would like to tell my personal story of what it is REALLY like to work at NewDay USA

This all took place over the past 2 years

I started at the company in January of 2012, one week out of college in the Concierge Department. The CEO and President of the company took a chance on a young individual fresh out of college and I will never forget that. I knew the hours would be long from what I heard, but the end result is all that mattered to me. Concierge is a great program that teaches you the mortgage business, allows you to interact with the Board of Directors, and this is where i met my first mentor at NewDay. After 3 short months in Conciege I moved onto a Junior Account Executive Position in the VA150 division. After another 3 short months and obtaining an Account Executive of the month award, I was promoted to the Core Sales floor; which is where everyone wants to be.

To be honest, the first 3 months in Core were tough to acclimate to; but the leadership and mentorship of the managers meant everything to my success. They sit in the pit with you, are there to answer questions, and their main goal is help you win! In January of 2013, my first full year in Core, I had some issues with consistency for the first 4 months. Luckily, with the leadership that I had, I was able to overcome that. I made it a concious effot to make the coveted Presidents Club (Trip to Kiawah Island Resort and a Rolex Watch). By December 2013, I was number 9 in the company out of 50 Account Executives and I am 24 years old. I acheived a dream that I never saw before joining NewDay; making well over six figures right out of college, paid off my studen tloans in full, but I still had one more goal to acheive.

At the Company Christmas Party, that dream became a reality when I was promoted to Assistant Vice President to help lead the new National TV Campaign and make it a successful business, working with the 2 mentors from Concierge and VA150, which is just an added bonus. At 24 years old it meant so much to me that this company has so much faith in my ability to not only produce, but to lead and mentor others to create a new business and opportunity within the company. I joined the TV Division, leaving my previous success in Core behind; and I know that the company, and management will never forget that either.

I have met some of my best friends and mentors at NewDay. You only look back to see how far you have come.

Cons

Everyone talks about the long hours, no social life, and being laid off quickly. Yes the hours are long, but this is your business; you get out of it what you put in. Yes, people lose their jobs; but this is sales, not everyone will succeed. And no one wants to work Saturdays any more than the next individual, but this is a self-employed opportunity and its yours to take. If you are not right for NewDay you will realize it yourself within your first 3 months.

Advice to Management

Organize Meetings when phones are slower