NewDay USA - lots of room to grow and learn about the industry and in the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NewDay USA

"lots of room to grow and learn about the industry and in the company"

Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in Fulton, MD
Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

feeling of running an independent business yet at the same time the structure of a company
what you put in is what you get out of it
lucrative industry in finance without the tedious same day items, different circumstances encountered every day

Cons

flexibility is key, difficult for some who do not value hard work, constant push, very draining

Advice to Management

continue to monitor and offer advice, always new things to learn

Other Employee Reviews for NewDay USA

"If you're willing to work hard to make a tremendous amount of money, look no further."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The pay, the pay, and the pay. Even in Maryland, arguably the richest state in the Nation with so many companies out there, you will not find a better opportunity to make 6 figures + right out of college. I've been here for 9 months and will gross about $60k my first year, and am on pace to make 6 figures for the calendar year of 2014. Having a $40k base salary is great to hold you over on month's where you don't close as much as you'd like and also while you're in training.

-The company structure. NewDay is a marketing genious and you get more inbound calls than you can take. Between their direct mail which has had proven success for over a decade and the now booming TV campaign which is still just in its infant stage, its an incredible opportunity to join a company that looks poised to become a 1,000+ employee $1 billion company in the coming years. They also promote mortgage bankers to floor captains and don't discriminate on age at all. My captain is just a couple years older than me only been there 2 years and making a silly amount of money. It's common for the top AE of the month to bring in $30-$40k and upwards of $400k a year! Being able to lead a company at such a young age, make that much income, and help Veterans who would not qualify anywhere else is a truly exciting opportunity. I forgot to mention- NewDay University. They teach you the ins and outs of mortgage banking and don't expect you to know anything about mortgages coming in.

-Your co-workers and the atmosphere on the floor. This is a big one for me. I wouldn't be able to work the 50+ hour weeks this job demands due to west coast leads if I didn't enjoy the company of everyone around me. I've made some great friends from NewDay I'm proud to call my peers, and even though we're together all As week at the office we hang out a lot on the weekends outside of work. Oh and the weekly company happy hours at Looneys are awesome too!

Cons

The hours can wear you down sometimes, but the company has acknowledged this and actually just cut back on our schedule. We now work 2 Saturdays a month, but if you work on Saturday its not only extremely casual (sweat paints, shorts, baseball caps, etc.) you also get to leave at 1:30 on Friday. Really what it comes down to though is you have to work hard to get paid a lot, and that's the way it should be!

Advice to Management

Keep making improvements on the hours/work-life balance and you'll grow this company to the 1,000+ employees you are shooting for in no time!

"Americas Mortgage Sweatshop"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I worked at NewDay USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They give you some of the best training around and it's good exposure to an industry. The people you work with are awesome.

Cons

Not straightforward from the moment you're brought in with the recruiters. It's not a 40k salary, it's an hourly wage with base and overtime. Even though you work 55-60 hours a week, you are only allowed to put down 49 hours on your time sheet. When you hit the sales floor in the training division it is ALL cold calling. When you promoted are when the hours start to add up. You basically have a phone glued to your ear from 9 to 9, there's 0 face to face interaction with any of your customers. They charge 3% in points and fees to everyone for rates that are about half a percent higher. Really only VA loans, they have an FHA program but they don't like to do them. There's a chance to make good money, but you have to give newday your soul.

Advice to Management

They talk about growing and expanding and growing, but they don't have the products to do so yet. Management doesn't know what to do with all the new hires they keep bringing in with their current amount of business.