NewDay USA - It was alright. Seems like a ok company to start off. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NewDay USA

"It was alright. Seems like a ok company to start off."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD
Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 40k base pay, however it is technically an hourly wage based on the hours in a week you work (over 70 hrs.)
The paid training and certification to work in the mortgage industry.
The nice new building and offices where they are headquartered.
Cal Ripken Jr. walking around the building at times.

Cons

The ridiculous work hours that one needs to work in a work with no over time pay. Just a "base pay" of 40k which is low in the amount of hours you need to work. At least 11 hours a day plus Saturdays.
So basically Work-life balance is utter garbage. Say goodbye to your friends and family while you slave away on the phone giving Veterans higher interest rates.

Advice to Management

None.

NewDay USA Response

Aug 21, 2014

Thanks for posting this review. We take a great deal of pride in our training program and am glad that it has shown to be beneficial to you. NewDay is committed to building the most professional ... More

Other Employee Reviews for NewDay USA

"Any 4 or 5 star review is written by the recruiter."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I worked at NewDay USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent base pay for someone right out of college. You get introduced and licensed into the mortgage industry. Good month long training program.

There are very good mid level managers that honestly want to help you to get better. Unfortunately I feel half of their job is to protect the new LOs from upper management.

I got to see Cal Ripken.

Cons

This seems to be the business model:

Hire 20 college graduates a month (even if you do not have a place for them) because they are the ones who don't know any better and will be ok with sitting their listening to crap day in and day out and charging veterans ten's of thousands of dollars for your insane prices.

The CEO confuses "working hard" for forcing employees to sit at their desk for 11 hours a day. You have to sit through these rah rah meetings where you find out about how much money the managers have and how the ONLY profession to be in is the mortgage industry, and the only mortgage company that can keep up with the federal guidelines is Newday USA.

Advice to Management

Stop charging Veteran's higher interest rates and 3 origination points. Do not lie to everyone's face about nobody getting priority leads. Stop firing employees for "bad attitudes" because they didn't laugh enough at the CEOs joke.

NewDay USA Response

Jul 29, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I think it is important to note that our recruiters are not posting reviews to this site. I am glad that you found that your mid level managers were an asset to ... More

"Great starting position out of college - not much more"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great education program. Base salary and bonus incentives good for people straight out of college.

Cons

Lots of wasted time in meetings drinking Kool-aid. They expect you to be there for 12 hours a day even though often you are not even busy. Absolutely no job security.

Advice to Management

If they focused more on their products and services and less on micromanaging the employees and having rah-rah meetings, this might have been a great place to work.