Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Worst job experience EVER

Aug 7, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Union benefits are good. Your union dues in 1199 cover all of your medical and dental and you never have an out of pocket costs for medical, dental, or prescription.

Cons

The management is extremely inept. My director is rarely in the office. She will usually say that she is at another one of the facilities for "meetings" and ask that the secretary punch her in through Kronos. Other supervisors are known to leave work during the day to go perform functions at some of their other jobs. Employee satisfaction surveys are given little weight in management retention. My director has received scores of 17%. This past year it was raised to 25%. They twist this to be good because it "shows improvement." Supervisors are unwilling to lift a finger to help, although the organizations slogan is "We put patients first." Another motto is "Amazing things are happening here" - it is clear that the PR/marketing department forgot to insert a comma after "Amazing." This is a caustic place where your co-workers will attempt to stab you in the back any chance that they can get.

Continue reading
    9 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work at

Sep 21, 2021 - Registered Dietitian
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and staff.

Cons

None that I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great employment experience

Aug 12, 2021 - Psychiatric Technician in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for New-York Presbyterian helped me to gain insight on my long-term career goals and also led me to begin my educational career. I was employed for a total of three years with this organization and within that period of time I held three different positions. There is so much room for growth, the salary is always competitive and they grant special incentives for working holidays. My first position held was as a dining host for the main hospital, one year later I was able to advance and serve the patients on the amenities unit. My last position held was as a Psychiatric technician. Although I had to end my employment with the company I know what I want to do with my future and I have New-York Presbyterian and all of the wonderful staff, management and an array of patients to thank.

Cons

Although there are so many extra hours available for part-timers having more availability of full-time positions would've been ideal. Part-timers are eligible for benefits just on a smaller scale in comparison to full-time employees even if they work just as many hours.

Be the first to find this review helpful

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Response

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear about the positive experiences you had with NYP!

Discover more reviews about NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.