Newark Element 14 - Great Place to have a Career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Newark Element 14

"Great Place to have a Career"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Richfield, OH
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Richfield, OH

I have been working at Newark Element 14 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No matter the level of Leadership, you can initiate a conversation about your problems without fear of it being held against you.
Ample room for advancement. I have seen positions created for people based on their skillset and how it can benefit the company.
If you have the right attitude, and are willing to do what's asked, there aren't any issues.
Anytime a position opens up, internal candidates are considered first, always.

Cons

Focus of the bottom line (sales $) hasn't done well for Front Line employees overall. They tend to buckle under the daily pressure for sales.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on getting employees' behaviors aligned that will net us the results we are looking for.

Other Employee Reviews for Newark Element 14

1. "Newark Element 14 is Career Focused"

Current Employee - Manager in Richfield, OH

I have been working at Newark Element 14 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Newark Element 14 is a stable company in an unstable economy that offers room for growth. There are frequent opportunities of high challenge with high support for those that Seek Development.
    From personal experience being involved in the development program, specifically Team Leader, assisted me in growing my own career. The training, on the job experience, and mentoring I received allowed me to move from entry level on upward in to my current leadership role.
    The Richfield Sales Center continues to offer a variety of developmental opportunities. Current examples include new positions in the eChannel departments, a dedicated Quotations Team, as well as dynamic Sales positions. This company is active in maintaining a modern facility as well as competitive pay / benefits package.

Cons

Be prepared to adapt quickly to change. To demonstrate going beyond the "status quo" is the expectation.

Advice to Management

Continue improvement on unifying interdepartment communication.

2. "A great place to grow if you take the time to work on your own development."

Current Employee - Manager in Richfield, OH

I have been working at Newark Element 14 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Excellent program for development in your career, whether in your current role, or if you want to move up. Nice, newer building. Newark gives back to the local community with donations of money and time several time throughout the year. People are friendly and support each other. If you have a good attitude and are willing to really work through your weaknesses, you can have a great support system around you to help you be successful.

Cons

Sometimes business leaders struggle to make front line employees feel empowered to focus on customers. There needs to be better consistency among managers in how to evaluate performance and enforce policies.

Advice to Management

Hold those that report to you more accountable for developing their people into better leaders. There is a difference between leadership and management. Be someone that is inspirational and we will all follow.