Newegg - Long time Newegg employee | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Newegg

"Long time Newegg employee"

I have been working at Newegg full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunities to learn. The company functions like a start up company. There is always something new happening. Most of the people are very pleasant. The company benefits are outstanding.

Cons

The pay is at a very low scale. You can easily make $10-20 more an hour elsewhere. Newegg pays their employees in experience. This is good for those with no to minimal experience.

Advice to Management

The management changes a lot, which hinders the growth of the company. Once we begin to make progress, the management changes and we have to start over again. That is exhausing.

Other Employee Reviews for Newegg

"Crack the egg and it's rotten on the inside."

Pros

Good people but most of them have left. Only good for the experience and building your resume.

Cons

The company is managed like a communist regime. Treats its employees horribly. Low pay, avoids paying out bonuses, denies vacation time during Christmas season, constant restructuring, overt and subtle racism towards non-Chinese employees. High turnover rate, low employee morale. Management lacks direction.

Advice to Management

Sell the company.

"Work Here If You Desperately Need a Job"

I have been working at Newegg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Okay health benefits
    - Well-known company on the outside
    - Nice co-workers
    - Life-changing (Read the cons to understand my sarcasm)

Cons

- Excessive and constant restructuring
    - Incompetent top-down dictatorial management style
    - Lack of opportunities
    - Lack of personal growth
    - Terrible work-life balance
    - Lack of direction
    - Low pay
    - Low morale
    - Cronyism

First thing's first, this is a Chinese company that tries to pretend to be an American company. The management is terrible. It has a problem keeping talents. People always find better opportunities elsewhere.

It's always the same group of people who keeps getting promoted, to act as spies for the owner to spy on other employees.

Management keeps setting impossible goals that are doomed to failure, especially when we didn't meet the previous year's goals, which were lower. They're just setting us out for failure to cheat us out of our annual bonuses.

Training is non-existent. I watched what another co-worker did and learned from him/her. There is no room for career growth here. The positions are so rigid there's no opportunity for cross-training so you can develop yourself further. Your salary and position practically stays the same the moment you entered the company.

Apply here if you desperately need a job and a nice placeholder for your resume. People are always in happier positions post-employment here.

This company has definitely changed my life. It's made me deeply consider leaving the corporate sector.

Advice to Management

The owner needs to step down. Period.

Clearly, this will never reach management. This is not the first dissatisfied review.