Newell Rubbermaid - Overall a good work environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

"Overall a good work environment"

Current Employee - SAP Lead Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - SAP Lead Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Newell is a medium sized company where you feel like you can make an impact. You are close enough to executive leadership that your voice can be heard if you so desire. We are making some changes to our organizational structure which I believe will help the company be very successful in the long term.

Cons

Recent org changes can be challenging and frustrating for the employees. Often work of two or three people now falls to one individual. I would wait to make a move to this company until after things settle down. Perhaps in 6 months.

Advice to Management

When making significant people and organization changes, lavish overpriced meetings in exotic locations in the months following is an inappropriate use of the company's money.

Other Employee Reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

1. "Enjoy the opportunities, but don't plan to retire here"

Former Employee - Quality Engineering Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Quality Engineering Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities globally, for growth and experience, and it is strongly encouraged to consider various opportunities. In addition, there really are some great synergistic opportunities between brands and locations that will help expand one's sphere of influence. In a very real sense, employee's are encouraged to spread their wings and see how high they can fly. The pay is pretty good too, and the significant management bonus is always welcome, come late Winter!

Cons

It's a marketing company. Manufacturing is not the ROI champion, and overall, it's a dynamic numbers game. I love what Mike has been doing, but he is doing some major restructuring of the corporation. The result is layoffs among the manufacturing and support folks.

Advice to Management

Be honest

"Worst experience ever in Internal Audit"

Current Employee - Audit Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Audit Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

gym, cafeteria, and company products

Cons

Internal Audit Department is a little kingdom of the VP. He has his "own" policies for his team members, applies rules differently if you are a YES person to what he says, That explains why he has had a turnover of 15-20 employees in his department in the last 4 years.

Advice to Management

Check what happens in those little "kingdoms" and take appropriate actions