Newell Rubbermaid - Face paced and rewarding but difficult on your personal life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

"Face paced and rewarding but difficult on your personal life"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Huntersville, NC
Former Employee - Product Manager in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great training, strong brands, excellent people

Cons

Hard work/life balance - long hours, demanding travel schedule, constantly shifting strategy

Advice to Management

Pick a strategy and stick with it for more than a quarter!

Other Employee Reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

1. "Great place for designers = total truth"

Former Employee - Senior Industrial Designer in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Industrial Designer in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid for a bit over eight years and, due to personal issues with my children's custody, could not move to the new design center. There is another person who is posting as 'senior designer' who has made multiple rant posts regarding a negative experience at Newell. Even though I am leaving the organization, this is my choice and the management team has been incredibly supportive by not only providing me a years notice of the changes that were coming, but also my director and vice president are personally assisting me in locating a new job. If I could have made the move I would have, as the past structure did not offer as many opportunities for advancement as the new structure will. I hope at some point my circumstances change and I can rejoin the team. In the meantime, I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences at Newell.

Cons

The company is in the middle of a strategy to move from a holding company to an operating company. If you like a holding company model, this is not the place for you. If you like being a part of dramatic change and a fast paced environment you should consider Newell.

Advice to Management

Be patient with employees who are working very hard to make the company strategy work

"Fun while it lasted"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, strong commitment to keeping employees ahead of the curve, numerous opportunities to learn new skills, really great resources, good company discount. The employees are wonderful - people find things to be passionate about, and it shows in the way they speak of their businesses.

Cons

High employee turnover rate, lots of uncertainty due to restructuring, which seems to have been ongoing for past few years.