Newell Rubbermaid - Excellent company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

"Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - potential operations manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - potential operations manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Continuously improving to better the organization and huge on safety. Great screening process for new employees and managers.

Cons

Not many to report other then upper management listen to employees ideas a little more. All ideas are good just need to decipher what to use and what not to use.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on how the company has grown. I love the seal program and how the company relies on the team members for there success.

May 23, 2014 – Campus Recruiter

Thank you for your review! It's definitely an exciting time to be a part of our company. We'd love to hear your ideas and encourage you to reach out to a member of the Employee Insights Team in ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

"Engineering Manager"

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Iconic brands. I got to work with some fabulous people, most of which were laid off.

Cons

No stability, short sights plans except to make each quarter for the street and pay huge bonuses to leadership. I worked here 7 years and saw 5 ground up reorganizations. Staff turns were likely in excess of 50% per annum. People with more than 19 years tenure were routinely laid off. Nothing you could do made you safe from the perpetual re-org axe. I wasted my time and talents here.

Advice to Management

What you do for the company is not worth the bonus you pay yourselves. The short term thinking will eventually leave you with nothing.

Jul 22, 2014 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors!

"No room for advancement or training working for people who do far less work than their subordinates."

Former Contractor - Assembly Worker in Winchester, VA
    Former Contractor - Assembly Worker in Winchester, VA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro to working here was the steady paycheck and abundance of chance for overtime.

Cons

The lack of respect for employees is one of the biggest drawback to working here. You are treated as an expendable asset and nothing more. Quotas are expected to be met, even when it's impossible. For example, when a safety meeting takes up an hour or more of the morning work time, you are still expected to meet the quota for 6 hours in 5.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with more respect and understand that if you use up work time for meetings, the quota should be reduced.

May 23, 2014 – Campus Recruiter

Thank you for your opinion. We appreciate your feedback and will share with our engagement teams. We wish you all the best!