Newmont Mining - Good company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Newmont Mining

"Good company to work for."

Current Employee - Haul Truck Driver in Battle Mountain, NV
Current Employee - Haul Truck Driver in Battle Mountain, NV

Pros

The pay is great, the benifits are wonderful an better than anywhere else.

Cons

Long hours, a little over an hour away from home.

Advice to Management

Communicate more to employees more.

Other Employee Reviews for Newmont Mining

"Leak in the Leadership Pipeline"

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

Global visibility and opportunities to move to remote places and either live in a camp or in Nevada. Some of the titles given to employees are very impressive on a resume and can be parlayed into landing great jobs with other miners. Although I had the title of Manager, I did not have any direct reports and was able to change companies and be the manager of quite a large group and an entire function with another company. Newmont is also very generous with severance packages.

Cons

Politics! Newmont talks a good story about performance evaluation, career development and succession planning. Then you wake one day and a new group has arrived from another large mining company like Phelps Dodge or BHP and that group brings there culture with them. You become a "legacy" employee and are removed strictly for political reasons or to open up space for more of that political parties members.

Advice to Management

I still believe in Richard O'Brien and his vision and leadership. Newmont must be vigilant in identifying infiltrators that have not adopted the corporate culture and work to effectively change the culture of those individuals or remove them in order to continue to work toward a performance based corporation and not continue to be a politically based organization.

"very disapointed"

Current Employee - Miner in Carlin, NV
    Current Employee - Miner in Carlin, NV

Pros

only good thing was the fellowship between the crew ,we were a family and newmount hated it

Cons

non of the upper management cared about us undergroung,they cared about there end of year fat bonus....15000 to 30000 they treated us like the jews were treated in world war 2 germany

Advice to Management

start to think about your people underground ,they risk there lives every day so you cats get big bucks,and stop putting the worries of 'is this the day i lose my job' on them all you are doing is setting the stage for a fatality.