Newton Europe - Challenging and interesting work in a very dynamic environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Newton Europe

"Challenging and interesting work in a very dynamic environment"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant
Current Employee - Lead Consultant

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Too many to list in reality, but a few are; the people are amazing, the work is varied and most of all it's great fun. You never have two days the same, and the company really care about making it work. You can get involved in whatever you are interested in and are encouraged to start new things if you want to.

Cons

You work away from home, which doesn't suit everyone. Although we never work weekends and get good holidays it can be hard work during the week.

Other Employee Reviews for Newton Europe

1. "Newton"

Current Employee - Consultant in Oxford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Oxford, England (UK)

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenge, development, responsibility, career prospects

Cons

Hard work but weekends off, away during the week

2. "Fantastic place to work - great development/culture. Currently going through some growing pains"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Newton Europe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got recruited from the US - without a doubt, working at Newton turbo-charged my professional development compared to opportunities available to me in the States.

I worked on numerous projects, each of which presented a unique and challenging problem to solve; I got to work with some incredible individuals; all the while, I felt I had an amazing support network from my peers, my supervisors, and the upper management.

The culture is amazing, and you really get the sense that people care about you, your clients, and the company. There's also a work-hard-play-hard mentality, so everybody is a ton of fun to hang out with.

Cons

While my professional life was great, the consulting lifestyle naturally takes its toll on your social life. My situation was exacerbated by the fact I came from overseas and didn't have existing friends, so I could only really spend time getting to know my coworkers.

Additionally, the company is currently going through some growing pains as it becomes a larger business; however, nearly all of the issues are admin/strategic.

Advice to Management

Find creative ways to keep the company culture intact as the number of consultants increase! This is Newton's best feature and it will be a challenge to maintain as the headcount goes up.

Regarding the growing pains - finish preparing the company for growth; define a clear strategy for the growth phase; make sure that the targets are realistic and risks are identified/managed.