Next Retail - I can't believe how horrible this company is!! Why did I apply here?!?!? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Next Retail

"I can't believe how horrible this company is!! Why did I apply here?!?!?"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Next Retail part-time (More than a year)

Pros

25% discount
That's it!!
Good clothes
U can meet one nice person if ur lucky
Allegedly a good brand (!)
Being sarcastic

Cons

Ah where to start

Your expected to work random shifts they give you. If for what ever reason you can not do that shift you are subjected to a disciplinary hearing!!
Managers are egotistical idiots
part timers can only do 20 hours
Company is completely disorganised
Pay is rubbish
Head office will screw ova staff to keep customers happy

Advice to Management

Up yours!!! I hope you all get sacked and go on the dole you two faced b

Other Employee Reviews for Next Retail

1. "Communicate with buying team to follow up production and development"

Former Employee - Senior Merchandiser in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Senior Merchandiser in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Next Retail full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good opportunity to develop the leadership skill and negotiation skill. Learn technical knowledge in fashion accessories area.

Cons

Need to meet the sales target and have target meeting every month , so that give me a lot pressure.

Advice to Management

Give more positive advice , and give more training.

2. "horrible treatment of employees"

Former Employee - Supervisor in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Supervisor in London, England (UK)

I worked at Next Retail full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good promotion opportunities, beautiful childrenswear and some home merchandise, some nice co-workers, in some stores good customer service training.

Cons

constantly cutting every employee benefit, giving random hours (short shifts not worth coming in for), cutting breaks, giving very little contract hours, then calling on the day and pressuring to take up shifts - as a result you have no life what so ever, because they will make you drop any plans you made to come to work at last moment. No choice in shifts, horrible mess in management - they put people down for shifts on the rota and don't inform them, then give them disciplinaries for not coming to work. Store and Operations Managers demand completely unreasonably high efficiency that threatens the health and well-being of the workers, you will always be frustrated, because there is no chance what so ever of ever reaching a target - sales or operations. Training is ridiculous - the videos seem to be suitable for mentally retarded people only.
    You feel like you are in a comma - every day is just running and running and running - no time to think, develop, improve, or God forbid innovate.
    No place for a thinking human being, hated it.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect, create some non-patronising training that treats people with respect, develop new designs for womenswear, CREATE ACHIEVABLE TARGETS at least sometimes, so once in a blue moon someone can reach it - it's motivating. Unlike the constant failure to reach targets. Teach people creativity - this way they will sell more and have more fun. We are not robots.