NextFab - It's hard to call it Work! | Glassdoor

"It's hard to call it Work!"

I have been working at NextFab full-time

Pros

NextFab allows me to impact people and communities directly - there is nothing more fulfilling than being a part of an organization that positively impacts people lives. Innovative and collaborative environment Diversity The community of makers, entrepreneurs, artist, crafters and dreamers The passionate leadership & management teams and the incredible technical staff

Cons

With so much Technology, so many great Ideas and an endless number of fascinating members in one place, it can be a challenge to stay focused! In all honesty, my experience working with NextFab has been nothing other than excellent, like I said, it's hard to call it work!

Advice to Management

Continue to bring in highly skilled individuals and the next generation software and equipment.

NextFab2017-06-20

Other Employee Reviews

"Home away from Home"

Current Employee - LASER TECHNICIAN in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at NextFab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What a wonderful community I've stumbled upon, I am truly blessed to work here. They give employees every opportunity to advance. HR improves all the time. They encourage and cultivate creativity, professional development, and positive interactions. I enter the building everyday excited to work towards rewarding and meaningful goals.

Cons

Can be demanding as it is still a small company that makes you put on many different hats.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!!!

NextFab2018-01-10
  2. "Drastically Improved"

I have been working at NextFab full-time for more than a year

Pros

I see a lot of negative reviews on here, but I think it's definitely worth talking about the efforts of management to listen and take critique in the past 18 months or so. Roles are being more clearly defined, there is a new, fantastic HR presence, and the team has been very well built out with both the technical and managerial staff. Recommendations for improvement are taken seriously, and acted on. If you're... considering a job here, know that it's not a typical job.... but that this is what makes it such an awesome job to have. In a given day you'll interact with both engineers covered in sawdust and office staff. Everyone is excited to make things, explore new ideas, and see what they can do with burgeoning technology. The business has several divisions to it: educating the public, supporting startup/early stage companies, doing in-house contract work, working with overseas and global partners, and renting space. Generally, they promote from within, provide a lot of opportunity for professional development and growth, and support you in a positive way. Also there is a taco shop in the ground floor of the building. Staff get discount tacos. Discount. Tacos.

Cons

To succeed, you'll need to be able to self-manage. I enjoy this, personally, but for someone who requires a lot of guidance or hand-holding, it might be a bit jarring to have to juggle and manage your time efficiently. The schedule is a bit non-traditional. Office staff work 9:30-6pm, and depending on the role technical staff either work 9:30-6 or 1:30-close. Some staff are asked to work weekend days with their... standard off day being a weekday. It's necessary because the facilities are open to the public on days when they would be free to learn and make, but it's a definite thing that can shape your life as an employee. Salaries are not as high as they might be elsewhere. You do get a large amount of paid time off, free membership to the makerspace, and a standardly okay benefits package, though.

NextFab2017-12-06

Discover more reviews about NextFab.