NextGen Healthcare - Inbound Technical Support Analyst | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NextGen Healthcare

"Inbound Technical Support Analyst"

Former Employee - Inbound Technical Support Analyst in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Inbound Technical Support Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at NextGen Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth potential in the Electronic Medical Records Industry. Overall good people to work with. It's a small office under the Corporate office QSI. Small office with a large corporate atmosphere. I liked working there overall.

Cons

Under staffed in the Tech Support Department. Very Stressful. They were under constaint to try to sign on a number of small hospitals for the EMR Certification to obtain government money. The problems associated with that were software that was released with bugs (nothing new) and an under staffed Technical Support Department. Very angry clients and a very stressed out Technical Support Department.

Advice to Management

Canned answers on incoming calls to tech support by Analyst triaging calls. No leeway. Also, hire more Tech Support Analyst to cover the load.

Other Employee Reviews for NextGen Healthcare

"Becoming more corporate with no end in sight"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great stability
    The location is great for international travel options
    People want to do well, they just don't know how

Cons

* Asked to work nights at times due to poor planning
    * Recently took away 4 personal days without notice from all employees
    * Too much management
    * Corporate feel is taking over the only exceptional quality of NextGen, the culture. It's disappearing fast.

Advice to Management

You may want to think about timing when you take away personal days, ask others to work extra, and have a very important release coming up. Bad timing. It seems to be a repetitive company problem. Figure it out.

"Run for your life..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers, many are hard working and caring people.

Cons

The current environment here exemplifies everything you are not looking for in an employer. The expectations are impossible to achieve, the training minimal, leadership non-existent. NextGen Horsham has mastered management of people, not development and leadership of people. There is a distinct difference between management and leadership...a manager administers; the leader innovates... a manager maintains; the leader develops...the leader inspires trust whereas the manager relies on control. NextGen will manage you with unrealistic expectations and the threat of losing your employment. I work in a department where the majority of my co-workers are miserable and desperately looking to escape. In my short time here, I have never seen more people quit, leave for another department, or get fired. This is all in a time where jobs are hard to come by and a down economy. If you are looking for employment where you will be undervalued, underpaid, under appreciated, under trained, and over managed, I suggest working for NextGen. You will love it. I understand we live in a time where most workers are burdened with a unrealistic workload. However, NextGen takes it to another level. NextGen's clients are suffering.

Advice to Management

I can only speak for NextGen Horsham management. All of upper management is new as the CEO, etc have all recently "left". You should all be ashamed for your lack of innovation, vision, and ability to provide a employee and client base with what they need and deserve. You exemplify everything that is wrong with our country's corporations and employment opportunities.