Nextag - I like the company culture, fun social events, great co-workers and most of all, getting to work with smart people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nextag

"I like the company culture, fun social events, great co-workers and most of all, getting to work with smart people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

great culture, fun, always somthing new to learn.

Cons

- growth potential is limited in various deparmtents

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Other Employee Reviews for Nextag

"Was a good experience"

Former Employee - Content Analyst in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Content Analyst in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Looking back at 2,5 years I spent at Nextag, I'm reflecting on my experience there, and what the company has given to me personally. For a newbie in the American labor market, it was a great company to work for. I learned the basics of corporate structure, modern technologies, and principles working within the team and across the teams. I had a pretty fair (at least, comparable) compensation for the work I did, and benefits were really good. I also found out that Nextag was a good name to put on my resume :)

Cons

What I didn't like, though, was the total absence of career opportunities. Irregardless how good you are and how hard you try, it isn't possible to move on within the company. There was no such concept as 'career ladder', I guess... The only way for me to grow was to leave, and that's what I did.
    The other thing that pushed me toward leaving was a luck of flexibility regarding working hours. Taking PTO hours for a dentist appointment - it was pretty ridiculous...

Advice to Management

Start all 1:1s with your directs with a simple question: "Are you happy?"

"worst colleagues ever"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

Pros

I thought it was the compensation, until I realized that the competition was paying double and I left.

Cons

The most depressed employees I have ever encountered. From the CEO and VPs to all directors and managers these are losers that cannot appreciate talent and ideas.