Nextag - I am Glad To be Next OUt !!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nextag

"I am Glad To be Next OUt !!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

I like that fact they did have a monthly lunch celebration and they also have happy hours once in a while.

Cons

The commute is terrible. There is really no good food options in the area. This company has really high turn over. I have known more than a 30 people who left the company wiithin the first six months. I feel they have managers who do not know how to manager people. It seems like the upper manager in certain groups. do not know what is going on. I would suggest only taking a job here if you have no other offers. or if you are jobless and you just need a job. This not a career. They treat there employers really unfair. Alot of people gossip about each other and people are extremely clicks as well.

Advice to Management

I would suggest listening to people feed backs.

Other Employee Reviews for Nextag

1. "I like the company culture, fun social events, great co-workers and most of all, getting to work with smart people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

great culture, fun, always somthing new to learn.

Cons

- growth potential is limited in various deparmtents

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Was a good experience"

Former Employee - Content Analyst in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Content Analyst in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Looking back at 2,5 years I spent at Nextag, I'm reflecting on my experience there, and what the company has given to me personally. For a newbie in the American labor market, it was a great company to work for. I learned the basics of corporate structure, modern technologies, and principles working within the team and across the teams. I had a pretty fair (at least, comparable) compensation for the work I did, and benefits were really good. I also found out that Nextag was a good name to put on my resume :)

Cons

What I didn't like, though, was the total absence of career opportunities. Irregardless how good you are and how hard you try, it isn't possible to move on within the company. There was no such concept as 'career ladder', I guess... The only way for me to grow was to leave, and that's what I did.
    The other thing that pushed me toward leaving was a luck of flexibility regarding working hours. Taking PTO hours for a dentist appointment - it was pretty ridiculous...

Advice to Management

Start all 1:1s with your directs with a simple question: "Are you happy?"