Nextiva - Like being in an episode of The Real World. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nextiva

"Like being in an episode of The Real World."

Former Employee - Vfax Support in Scottsdale, AZ
Former Employee - Vfax Support in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Good benefits package free coffee like drinks, free bagels every wensday and free lunch every friday for all employees. Game room nice building.

Cons

The training is horrible, when you ask for help by the team lead their reply to you is "we went over this in training". Everyone there is snotty and stuck up, the team leads are clicked up with their favorite subordinate friends. The worst team enviornment that i have ever worked in you are micro managed down the point of, you have to ask permission before you can get up from your desk and go to the restroom and take your breaks. They promise you rasies and promotion but find some frivalous reason not to give you one or just plan outright ignore you til you end up quitting on them for a better company.

Advice to Management

You really have a good idea and good intentions but with the leadership that is in place that is going to prevent you from ever reaching the goals that you invisioned for the company to go. And it will also prevent Nextiva from ever holding onto good talent employees, once people get a taste of the "Nextiva culture" they will keep running away from you and i do mean with the quickness.

Other Employee Reviews for Nextiva

1. "Not at nextiva anymore"

I worked at Nextiva full-time

Pros

I've been working for over 20 years and nextiva was the first company where I felt the people actually cared for the well-being of one another and for the performance of the company. The employees are genuine and politics and egos don't exist, which is surprising to me considering how big and fast nextiva is growing. I remember when the company was much smaller and no one knew the name or what nextiva did. Fast forwarding just a few years and the company is well known in AZ. Customers are a priority for them and customers are not the priority for most of the company they compete with, so one of the reasons why nextiva has been successful is due to that simple equation. I enjoyed my time at nextiva and would recommend the company to my friends and family .

Cons

The company still operates like a startup and feels like one. I don't feel right saying this is a positive but for many people joining, this can be a bad thing. People looking for structure and a deep sense for planning and meetings, should likely stay away. Every once in a while I felt like there would be a fire of some sort. Not a real literal fire, but some sort of issue. What frustrates me is that those fires could have been prevented. At least the fires that come to my mind right at this moment.

Advice to Management

I'm thankful for the experience and opportunity. You took a shot by hiring me and I admire nextiva.

Nextiva Response

May 11, 2017 – Director, HR

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to write a positive review! We are extremely proud of our culture and are pleased that you had a great experience as a team member. We also understand ... More

2. "Internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Nextiva as an intern

Pros

Had an overall good experience working here, management was helpful, everyone was friendly.

Cons

Nothing that was obvious to me during my time.