Nicholson Kovac - I left NK for another job, the grass isn't always greener - I miss NK! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nicholson Kovac

"I left NK for another job, the grass isn't always greener - I miss NK!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Great people who care and want you to succeed. Good strategic planning process and unique proprietary models. Great resources to do a good job. Teamwork is usually very good.

Cons

NK is primarily focused on BtoB clients (although great brands), I wish they had had more diverse clients, particularly consumer clients. I left to work on a consumer, retail account (QSR) and it wasn't all as glamorous as I thought it would be - thought I did better work at NK.

Advice to Management

More aggressive new business on clients that would allow staff more work/experience on broadcast, digital.

Other Employee Reviews for Nicholson Kovac

1. "I Miss NK!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

The people are awesome, and it has a strong culture of doing good work. I especially learned so much about the business, how to think strategically and more. I left to work on different kinds of accounts, but I really miss NK. They treat employees so well, and want you to succeed.

Cons

Lack of summer hours; lack of different types of experiences to help build my career. Was told that I needed to work several places to "improve" my resume/long-term career pursuits.

Advice to Management

More cross-training with different departments.

2. "Architect"

Pros

Open work environment accompanying an open and transparent business model. Great team members with flexibility in how hours are put in.

Cons

This is a small company and I found it a little hard to move up. Owner was not readily available on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

The principals in the firm need to be provided a path to company partnership. Working without a path to long term seemed to burnout many.