Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events - Great experience. Gave me the skills needed to succeed in my career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events

"Great experience. Gave me the skills needed to succeed in my career."

Former Intern - Public Relations Associate in Newton, MA
Former Intern - Public Relations Associate in Newton, MA

I worked at Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Nickerson is a great company to work for because they train and mentor their employees to be detail oriented, constantly challenge themselves and be the best they can be. They work off of your strengths and take a great interest in making every opportunity a learning experience. You will not only learn about PR but learn about the industry, how to write an email, how to interview, handle digital media, marketing, prepare for meetings, organize events..the list goes on! Nickerson gave me the skills I needed to succeed in my career.

Cons

The internship is usually unpaid.

Advice to Management

Continue to mentor and take an active interest in your prevous interns/employees. The company's willingness to help team members whether they work there anymore or not makes a huge impact.

Other Employee Reviews for Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events

1. "Not a great company"

Former Employee - Intern in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Newton, MA

Pros

Got some hands on experience as an intern
    Learned about PR

Cons

Not a great atmosphere to be in, when I was there 2/3 interns quit because it was a big waste of time. Doesn't really get to know the interns in a small office of 3 employees, felt as though I was invisible a lot of the time.

Unprofessional with the fact that the boss would talk down to employees in front of clients which was not called for. I almost felt bad for the people that worked there full time. The boss would show up for maybe half a day.

I would not recommend anyone to do business here or work here.

Advice to Management

Give more feedback to employees, communication is key in the workplace and there was almost none here.
    Appreciate the employees instead of talking down to them.
    Get to know the people that work for you.

2. "Productive Experience"

Former Intern - Summer Associate in Waltham, MA
    Former Intern - Summer Associate in Waltham, MA

I worked at Nickerson PR, Marketing and Events as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Real world work, not typical intern filing or small menial office tasks.
    -Small office allows for great networking and communication experience with office employees.
    -Learned a lot, huge stepping stone in building your career.
    -Choose your own hours.
    -Every member of the office including the owner is open to talking whenever needed, all you have to do is make an effort.

Cons

- if you do not like competition do not take this job as you are essentially competing against other interns, to standout and make a name for yourself.

Advice to Management

Continue to pass your knowledge along to other interns as you have done so graciously with my intern class.