Nielsen - Great place to earn supplemental income | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nielsen

"Great place to earn supplemental income"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Oldsmar, FL
Current Employee - Research Associate in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at Nielsen part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule ( Call Center Only )

Cons

Boring, repeating the same thing over and over again. Also they should offer work from home for this type of work as many other call centers are doing now.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the Personal Performance Evaluation, and making employees to explain how they're Simple Open and Integrated. Most associates don't know or really care they're just there to do their job to the best of their abilities. Also, most associates prefer to be evaluated by their managers so they can improve on their performance.

Other Employee Reviews for Nielsen

"Nielsen is a great place to work, but it depends entirely on your role"

Current Employee - Associate Client Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Client Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SO MUCH OPPORTUNITY across the "watch and buy" (media and consumer) sides of the business. HR actually encourages rotation through the company, so I always felt that I had the option of asking to do something completely different and no one would hold that against me. I was lucky to have extremely talented team leaders to work under, which can make or break your experience with Nielsen. Policy of "meritocracy" rewards high performers, which provides a lot of incentive to do you best every day and is a practice I strongly believe in.

Cons

Too much focus on cost savings - case in point: the TCS relationship. Outsourcing basic client service duties to a country that does not have the same market environment as the US is a much bigger issue than senior management would like to believe. Benefits package (mostly medical) are great, but compensation is the number one reason why people leave Nielsen to go outside - and it's part of the reason I left myself. Work/life balance depends on your role as well - I was on a very demanding client and didn't have a great balance, but I know many other people who would tout work/life as Nielsen's #1 pro.

Advice to Management

Salaries are below the industry average - make sure this is fixed in the near future or all of your employees are going to be working for your competition. Take an honest look at the TCS partnership and ask yourself if this is really what you envisioned years ago. Keep the values alive in practice, as they were when I left: Simple, Open, Integrated.

2. "Great Culture and great people to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, Work/Life Balance, work flexibility

Cons

Salary, constantly changing organizational structure