Nielsen - If you're going to work in market research, work for Nielsen | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nielsen

"If you're going to work in market research, work for Nielsen"

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Parsippany, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Many, many opportunities in the different parts of the company & for advancement

Cons

Would like more interaction with other branches of the company than we're currently getting

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent with what our company goals and give instructions on how we can achieve those together

Other Employee Reviews for Nielsen

1. "Nielsen"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Pros

The many options that they offer for their benefits package. They have a good package for medical dental and vision exams. They allow for various choices of both PPO and HMO along with a plan for savings specifically for health reasons. They also offer good choices on how to save money for retirment.

Cons

In comparison to some other companies I have worked for there is less information about different oppurtunities to advance in the company. I find that the training that I received was very inadequate. Their seems to be a lack of communication between members in the different departments and even in the same department. They do not really take advantage of the flexibility modern technology can bring to the work place to make tasks easier.

Advice to Management

Management should be more specific about what responsibilities your job entails in training. There should be more structure in the way people are trained for the tasks they are expected to peform. They should treat all the employees with more respect and address issues that the employees have about their workplace. I find that management ignores any complaints that employees may have. Many times they do not provide the necessary resources to perform your job well.

"Nielsen Career"

Current Employee - Programmer in Oldsmar, FL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Oldsmar, FL

Pros

It is a career. The benefits are great and the company is good. Until the recent layoffs everything about Nielsen was for the employees.

Cons

The current layoffs and out sourcing. Out sourcing has become a way of business and the community suffers from that as do the employees. People here (at Nielsen) are nervous for their jobs and are stressed out about the out amount of out sourcing going on in this company.

Advice to Management

stop out sourcing. People who have had jobs here for years and years have knowledge of the company and it benefits the company as a whole. Having so much out sourcing I feel, has caused the quality to go down in this company as well as the turn around time for data.