Nigel Frank International - Fantastic culture, focused team and get career progression! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nigel Frank International

"Fantastic culture, focused team and get career progression!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High energy, results driven environment with fantastic earning potential and many great incentives including trips to Europe and monthly lunch club incentives to the best restaurants in NYC.

There is a true opportunity to develop your career here and you will have to work hard to bsuccessfulul

Cons

Personally I don't have any Cons about working here.

Mar 20, 2017 – Director

We’re very glad to have you on board on our continuing journey! Our community culture is very important to us as we feel this encourages great collaboration and teamwork and allows people to get the... More

Other Employee Reviews for Nigel Frank International

"Good company culture but hard work"

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time

Pros

Amazing company culture and it's a really fun place to work. lots of in-depth training, which helps gain amazing skills.

Cons

very long hours and a lot of pressure which is sometimes hard to handle.

Oct 20, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

It’s really great to receive feedback like this – thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

We’re really proud of our close-knit community at Nigel Frank as we really believe that... More

"The definition of 'being sold a dream'"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good location in the heart of Newcastle.
    Young culture so people tend to socialise.
    Potential to make money in certain situations.

Cons

Micromanagement - it is absolutely ridiculous and getting to the point where it is unbearable to come to work.

Laughable base salary - ask anyone who works there for more info!

Inconsistent management - depends how your month is going. They love you if you do loads of placements but can't be bothered with you if you aren't billing.

Culture in general - never going to change.

Working hours - laughable.

Poor training scheme - a few weeks consisting of reading PowerPoint.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter what advice I, or anyone else who works here, gives to management as they simply never listen.

The fact is that you can usually tell what it is like to work for a company when you speak to the people who have been there longer than 5 minutes. When you do that at FRG you quickly realise that the place is a joke. I personally know of at least 5 people at Team Leader and Manager level who have actively been interviewing and the number of consultants looking to leave is insane.

They recently sacked over 20 people on the same day and many of whom were colleagues of mine and also people from the UK and German teams. They were sacked with 5 minutes notice and basically told to get out of the office - hardly the way to treat people who have worked 60+ hour weeks for basically the equivalent of minimum wage?

I will get a response to this review talking about the 3.30pm finishes (which have now stopped by the way!) and the fact the commission is uncapped! But here's some advice to management... uncapped commission is only really relevant to people who are doing deals on a regular basis! People like myself who get by on a deal or two per month rely on a basic salary to pay the bills and pay for the suits you make us wear! Ask anyone in Newcastle and they will tell you that the base salaries are laughable but management literally doesn't care!

This company never learns.

Sep 12, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you very much for taking the time to feedback on your time so far at FRG. I can see that you are currently still working for us and so would be keen to have a confidential conversation with... More