Nigel Frank International - What are all these reviews talking about? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nigel Frank International

"What are all these reviews talking about?"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I sit here and read all the most recent reviews and I cannot just sit back and listen to lies that do not represent this company at all. I have been employed by this company for a year and 3 months now and there has been nothing, but great experiences here.
Before you are hired here you are told what to expect. You are told that cold calling will be part of the job. It is a sales job people!!! You are not required to work late at all, but if you want to make over 150k in your first year yes it is necessary. They want to help you reach your goals and if your goals are to make a ton of money they are going to push you to do whatever it takes to get it done, which may include late nights and working some weekend. You will not get fired or will not be "reprimanded" if you do not do those thing. All that will happen is you will not make as much as you wanted to.

It seams that most of the people writing these reviews are from individuals that could not make it in a sales environment and because they are lazy or do not want to follow the process that you are trained to follow from the start. This job is for the people that want the opportunity to make a ton of money in a short period of time. You need to work hard and you need to be able to listen to instructions and the money is there for the taking!

If my employer gave me a $20,000 a month pay check to clean the kitchen, I will be cleaning the kitchen better than anyone has ever cleaned the kitchen.

The commission structure is spelled out from the start. If you are at all good at math you will realize that there is no other job that offers anything comparable to Nigel Frank. I know this, because I had 4 sales jobs before Nigel Frank promising me the world and not delivering at all.

The room for growth is absolutely there, but they are not going to let anyone start managing a team before they are ready to do so. Our growth plan is very big and when a company is growing at the pace we are you can find yourself in a sr. role far quicker than most other companies.

On top of all this everyone that works for the company is awesome. We fully support work hard, play harder mentality. We all have a great time. All my friends envy me because I actually can hang out with the people I work with and have a good time doing so.

Cons

It is a very fast pace culture. If you just want a job that has benefits and are comfortable with a 35k base salary do not waste anyone's time. You need to have the desire to make over 100k in your first year and be willing to do whatever it takes to get there. You need to expect 3 months before getting all the benefits I have addressed in the pros. It happens quick after that, but do not expect the possibility of a 20k monthly commission check until here at least 6-7 months and working your butt off.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job. Get rid of everyone that does not respect the opportunity that is right in front of their face! Just kidding. But maybe you can do more with spelling out what is truly possible so everyone knows what is capable of achieving.

Mar 20, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review! We agree that the fast-paced environment of recruitment consulting isn’t for everyone and hard work and dedication are key to getting ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Nigel Frank International

"Changed my life"

Current Employee - Dynamics AX Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Dynamics AX Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, huge upward mobility potential, company equity, international travel, money, lunch at 5 star restaurants on company dime, fun sales days, excellent training. There is the potential to make an absolute killing here, while the initial base may be low, within the first year I cleared $80+k. After doing door to door sales for nearly a year, what I make now in one month is the same to what I made combined in 8 months there.

Cons

long hours, you're not forced to work long, but if you want to make good money it is advantageous.

Advice to Management

Keep up the development of your younger employees, they are the key to continued success

Mar 20, 2017 – Director

We’re very proud of our dynamic and vibrant culture at Nigel Frank and it’s great to hear that this is appreciated. Our benefits and incentives package is a fantastic reward for those who work hard ... More

"First job out of college? Just say no and run as fast as you can!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Teaches you how to find a new job that is not with them.

-Nice co-workers for the most part (does not include management)

Cons

-Controlling! Runs just like a sweatshop factory. No one can take lunch at any other time except 1pm and someone has to be by the phones at all times during lunch so one person does not get an actual lunch break which is illegal. No one is allowed to check their cell phone during work hours, even if it is a call or text from a family member so every employee hides in the emergency stairwell or bathroom stalls to check their phone. No one is allowed to leave the office to meet customers unless you are a manager. Everything has to be done through the phone. Will get spoken to by management about trying not get you to take personal days or sick day because it is not part of the "culture", "should be on in the hospital" and "I thought you wanted to make money" BS. If you leave your desk except to take a bathroom break they will reprimand you.

-Cult like: If you don't drink the "Kool-Aid" of Nigel Frank you will be fired but before they fire you the management will be terrible to you for a month or two hoping you quit. When I started at Nigel Frank the "global top biller of the year" (best sales rep of the year) quit shortly after because of this and it has only gotten worse since the companies expansion.

-Money: Like all sales jobs the figures they give you are unrealistic but that is the least of your concerns here.

-No value in employees: You are 100% disposable and they will not give you any notice period if you are fired or quit no matter what. Will also lie to employees and say they fired everyone who quits then have a meeting about how they were a loser and how easily you can be fired too. They also threaten to sue you after you quit for their “top secrets” which are just to call random people and see if they need employees.

-Don't question anything they say. If you raise an issue or have a thought of your own for a productive matter you will be shunned and ultimately retaliated on by the management.

-Prey on poor people and have illegal hiring practices: They actively hire people who they know won't leave because they are desperate to make ends meet. With the rigid schedule and constant insinuations of being fired for taking time off getting another job is extremely hard while unhappily working there. Also they actively try not to hire minorities or people over the age of 30 which is an illegal business practice. You always hear hiring managers and HR joking about it.

Advice to Management

Stop saying this job is amazing when you know it is a terrible cold calling job. Just call a spade a spade and make the best of it by loosening up on the micromanagement and being human. By suffocating employee’s freedom all the best ones will leave to work at a place they are valued and allowed to eat when they want and take a phone call from their family members.

Feb 9, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Our sales roles at Nigel Frank sometimes require our employees to work extended hours to support the needs of our clients and candidates, who have ... More