Nimble Storage - Best company I have worked for in my career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nimble Storage

"Best company I have worked for in my career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nimble Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the most talented people I have ever worked with. There has not been a single day that I have been upset about coming to work. I really enjoy not having to deal with all the "big" company politics/treatment. Everyone's voice is heard. A big difference I see in this company is the ability for groups to work together in a productive manner. Sales, Inside Sales , Marketing, Support, & Engineering all work together. HR team has been fantastic in supporting everyone as well, best I've dealt with in this industry. No micromanaging is a big plus.

Cons

Nothing is outstandingly negative. I would prefer to not have to move to a larger building again :)

Advice to Management

Keep the hiring standards up. Referrals have been very important, lets keep that up. More parties!

Other Employee Reviews for Nimble Storage

"Looking forward to being part of Nimble's bright future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nimble Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company and management is everything I expected and more. The team is supportive of each other.

Cons

There are lots of meetings, but the ones that I have been part of have been extremely useful.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path you are in. Continue to listen to employees!

"Great potential, slow to evolve, internal bickering/middle management hurting company"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Nimble Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very smart, driven group of employees
    Executive team well chosen they have a good vision, are friendly and accessible, not to mention damned smart
    Product has potential to seriously impact established storage market

Cons

Middle management(director/manager level) is a mess and for some strange reason has a lot of control. They dictate too much policy, plan poorly, and are always reactive.
    Poor meeting etiquette always interrupting, shouting, and do not respect others opinions, or even let them speak.
    The move from old site was a mess, building selection was rushed and has been out grown in just a few months.
    Expectations of working ridiculous hours, many have families and cannot work 80 hour weeks.
    No interdepartmental growth and very few internal promotions.

Advice to Management

Exec staff, please take control of your directors, they do not share your leadership skills, or vision.
    Train or replace them, you are too busy to have to micro manage them and they will hurt the company.
    How can a company that has doubled in size cut infrastructure help? Building staff and suppport have had head count reduction, how can that be?