Nine9 - Love my job and working here. It also comes down to who your boss/ office director is. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nine9

"Love my job and working here. It also comes down to who your boss/ office director is."

Current Employee - Talent Specialist in New York, NY
Current Employee - Talent Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the environment, especially with me having the DJing duties. I make it feel like a day time club, and it makes the work environment feel a lot more fun.

Love my coworkers, we all get along and respect one another. We have a lot of fun just messing around talking about everything/ anything.

Dress code, if you're into fashion. This is the place for you.

Job being flexible

Meeting new people

Room to grow quickly

It isn't a scam, I can understand why people may think that but it isn't.

Someone like me for example, I go the extra mile with my talents. I write down everyone I sign, I check up on them through customer service/ light box.

I see the amount of auditions some people get requested for. Some even for a $2000 voice over commercial for a jewelry commercial (most recent I can think of, along with the Mr. Clean new face commercial which was 20k)

Just need to be realistic, of course the attractive people will get more than the other. It's just the way it is unfortunately. I send a list of monologues to my people when they need it. They contact and reach out to me via email on weekends. They have a personal go-to person at all times for whenever they need help or have questions.

Cons

The hours.

The hours can be overwhelming at times. Can be draining.

Sometimes 9+ hours, but this is just the NY office with having to deal with two open calls a day sometimes.

Sometimes working on Saturday's (kind of sort of)

Meeting new people...this can be a PRO and CON. Some people come in with attitudes, just need to know how to deal with them.

Working on holidays if the building management were to allow it.

Would be better if pay was hourly + commission.

Other Employee Reviews for Nine9

"Working at nine 9"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Nine9 part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Like working at nine 9. Job is easy. Staff is co-operative and management is flexible. I like Jane who is a cool supervisor. Erin is very helpful as well so is Jessica and Anthony. Just come on time make your calls and schedules, listen carefully and give out the best information as possible. If you have questions just ask. Don't believe every thing you read online.

Cons

Sometimes you just need to have a thick skin with some of the rude clients.. But this is in any customer service job

Advice to Management

Good job nine9. Lets keep both our employees and clients happy and satisfied.

"A great job if you have a Sales mentality"

Pros

Free snacks and coffee, friendly staff. CEO occasionally brings in fresh food from his garden and gives them to staff. Certain positions allow you to take time off with 24 hour notice, so it is good for people with kids and obligations outside of work. Strong "promote from within" mentality, so ambitious employees can climb to higher positions quickly. There are many openings in which no experience is required, so it is great for people who want to build sales experience.

Cons

Aggressive environment because many positions are sales and commission driven. This is not a place for timid individuals or people with low energy. Certain levels of management micromanage and create an atmosphere of intimidation (again, sales driven), so it can be uncomfortable to work in some positions if goals are not met.

Advice to Management

Ensure staff have the tools needed to excel at their jobs and hold seminars and workshops on sales, as well as consider new ways to market our services as a casting company to improve it's reputation. Ex. list our prices and interview process on our webpage and make it clear that we are not an Agency all over our page and social media. That is where many of the misconceptions about our company stem from.